• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 more newbie, just had surgery

Welcome to the site, everyone here is very helpful, and try to encourage each other, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, someone here has experience with it

Thanks so much! I'm moving kinda slow, guess that's normal, though.
How long ago was your surgery exactly? I was slow the first five days. Felt better for a week and then crashed. Had an appointment with my regular doctor at 6 weeks post op and my blood pressure was dangerously low. Come to find out, my psychiatrist had put me on a blood pressure med for PTSD nightmares and I did not know it was blood pressure med. I lost enough weight in that first 6 weeks, that the med was dropping it too low. Once I was taken off of it and my blood pressure stabilized, I felt 1,000% better. You will get over this rough hump, but if you don't, contact your doctor a lot quicker than I did.

Hi, Christine. Thanks for your reply. My surgery was July 25. I've been losing right at 3/4 lb a day. I guess slow and steady is better than precipitous. I'm actually off my blood pressure med already. When was your surgery?

Hi, Christine. Thanks for your reply. My surgery was July 25. I've been losing right at 3/4 lb a day. I guess slow and steady is better than precipitous. I'm actually off my blood pressure med already. When was your surgery?
3/4 a day is great! You are a newbie. Lol. Nothing wrong with that. That's great that you are off your blood pressure med. I was fortunate that I had no weight related health issues. Just obese. My surgery was 12/6/16. 8 months ago. Wow how time flies. My weight loss has been a bit slow as I take a few meds that have weight gain as a side effect.

Yes, meds with weight gain side effects are the WORST!! Part of what got me to this awful weight. On a positive note, I've found lots of very interesting bariatric recipes on pinterest. That app is the bomb!

Back