• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 week post op ??

Thin2be

A week ago today I had sleeve to bypass revision. I am still on clear liquid diet plus 60 mg protein drinks daily, I see my doc tomorrow. I figured up I have been having 300-500 calories daily since surgery (9 total days now) and only down 4 lbs. I have been 100% adherent to my surgeon diet. Does this seem a normal loss? Seems low to me. Could it just still be swelling , cause my belly still seems excessively swollen??

A week ago today I had sleeve to bypass revision. I am still on clear liquid diet plus 60 mg protein drinks daily, I see my doc tomorrow. I figured up I have been having 300-500 calories daily since surgery (9 total days now) and only down 4 lbs. I have been 100% adherent to my surgeon diet. Does this seem a normal loss? Seems low to me. Could it just still be swelling , cause my belly still seems excessively swollen??
Did you lose weight in the couple weeks leading up to surgery bc of required liquid diet? That might be one factor. They pump you full of gas and fluids before, during, and after surgery which slow down weight loss a bit.

As long as you get in your 64ozs of water & 60gs of protein daily, plus working on adding movement to your daily routine, you will achieve weight loss. Please realize it may come of in fits and starts, but the numbers will continue to go down. My advice is to weigh yourself 1 day weekly so the numbers don't discourage you.

Congratulations and good luck on your journey.

Back