• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 Year Down

greg3564

My 1 year post surgery and my weight is still where i want it to be. Yet I am starting to feel extremely hungry. Not sure where this came from? Any ideas or thoughts on how i can control this hunger?

My 1 year post surgery and my weight is still where i want it to be. Yet I am starting to feel extremely hungry. Not sure where this came from? Any ideas or thoughts on how i can control this hunger?
Congratulations on a year and maintaining your loss Greg! :) I know it gets harder the farther out you get.

Are you still eating a lot of protein? Seems to help keep me full longer. I'm only 7 months in so I don't have too much advice to give but wanted to welcome you to the group.

Congratulations on a year and maintaining your loss Greg! :) I know it gets harder the farther out you get.

Are you still eating a lot of protein? Seems to help keep me full longer. I'm only 7 months in so I don't have too much advice to give but wanted to welcome you to the group.
Thank You. I'm down 120 lbs. And I do believe I need more protein. That does help

I'm not at one year either. But vegetables are your friend. Potatoes are the enemy though. Whenever anyone refers to vegetables, exclude potatoes. Before my surgery, I would eat 5-6 bags of frozen vegetables at a time. My freezer is still stockpiled with them. And I foolishly thought I would be eating a ton of vegetables post-op. But now I can eat half a bag before I'm full.

Back