• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 year post surgery

Linda57

Hi all I joined last year shortly after having surgery on March 16 2022. The day my whole life changed. For the better I had gastric bypass surgery and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I completely know it saved my life so for me it was health first and the weight loss is just and necessary blessed side effect. I did very very well over all I haven’t be able to walk alot in the last 4 or 5 months so my weight loss has lowed and I’m not going to make my 100 pound loss goal before my anniversary date but I’m coming to term with that. My weight today is 295 from 367. And boy was I happy when my weight finally started with a 2 and not a 3 I still have a long road ahead which is why I choose to get active on this site I have read so much helpful information I feel so blessed to have this as a resource. I had about 5 good friends that had weight loss surgery before I did so those ladies wear my go to but after a while I felt I had worn out welcome and sometimes it’s better to just be anonymous with you questions and fears just a no judgment zone.

Happy anniversary!! You look amazing!! Sometimes we have to adjust our goals. There is nothing wrong with that. The important thing is that you set a goal and create a plan to reach it.

My 3 year anniversary will be in June. I met my original goal but have noticed a slow creep upwards on the scale. Mostly I wasn't too concerned. I was still under my original goal weight and so it was hard to get motivated to start measuring and tracking my intake again. I have recently gotten UP to my original goal weight, so its back to the grind.

I tell you this because its very easy to become happy where you're at and therefore complacent. I stopped putting the work in. Which was dumb. Don't be like me lol For exercise, look up chair workouts, get an under the desk bike thing. Ask your doctor about physical therapy options. My mom can't walk at all, we go to aqua therapy. So no pressure on knees/joints but she still gets some activity in.

Or if you can't really handle activities at all, cut your calorie intake by the amount you were previously exercising. Walking for 1 hour burns appx. 200-350 calores, depending on speed. So.if you used to walk 30 min 3X a week, cut your weekly calories by 600 to 1050 a week. Which is 85 - 150 calories a day. Weight loss/gain is a math equation. Sadly, I hate math lol

View attachment 5496Hi all I joined last year shortly after having surgery on March 16 2022. The day my whole life changed. For the better I had gastric bypass surgery and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I completely know it saved my life so for me it was health first and the weight loss is just and necessary blessed side effect. I did very very well over all I haven’t be able to walk alot in the last 4 or 5 months so my weight loss has lowed and I’m not going to make my 100 pound loss goal before my anniversary date but I’m coming to term with that. My weight today is 295 from 367. And boy was I happy when my weight finally started with a 2 and not a 3 I still have a long road ahead which is why I choose to get active on this site I have read so much helpful information I feel so blessed to have this as a resource. I had about 5 good friends that had weight loss surgery before I did so those ladies wear my go to but after a while I felt I had worn out welcome and sometimes it’s better to just be anonymous with you questions and fears just a no judgment zone.

You look fantastic!! Beautiful smile! I look forward to a better me. You are an inspiration!

Back