• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

10 days out....

ddixon

I had to have my Lapband removed due to it slipping and causing scar tissue and had it replace with a gastric bypass. Feeling really bloated, could this still be from gases that were used during surgury?

I had to have my Lapband removed due to it slipping and causing scar tissue and had it replace with a gastric bypass. Feeling really bloated, could this still be from gases that were used during surgury?

Absolutely!

This is why they want you to move around as much as possible without over doing it. The walking helps get the gases out.

Also, you must eat small bites and stop after a few bites and then BURP! You have to let the gases out. The gases quickly generate as you consume food. So, just like a new born baby you take a few bites or sips and then BURP, BURP AND BURP.

If you don't you are going to hurt and have pain. All of my friends have gotten used to the fact that I have to burp when I eat as I eat. I do it as discreetly as possible but I do it. This helps me to maintain my comfort and not end up with that VERY PAINFUL BLOATING.

If you don't burp periodically and just keep eating and eating too fast, you are headed for one big hurting hour or two. So BURP BURP BURP!!!

A 3 ounce meal should take a 1/2 hour or more to consume.

Also, remember don't drink 1/2 before or after eating solid foods.

Ralph

Oh yes it sure could be. They pump you up so much with gas that most people get bloated and pass a lot of gas. I am the only person I know that didn't pass gas for some unknown reason but I did get very painful shoulder pain that the hospital said was from the gases used in surgery. Hope you feel better, soon. :)

Cheyenne

Oh yes it sure could be. They pump you up so much with gas that most people get bloated and pass a lot of gas. I am the only person I know that didn't pass gas for some unknown reason but I did get very painful shoulder pain that the hospital said was from the gases used in surgery. Hope you feel better, soon. :)

Cheyenne

I had shoulder pain as well; it was awful. I used pain killers for it. Fortunately, it went away after the second week or so.

Ralph

Back