• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

10 months and 161 lbs. off!

fuww57

Like a dream come true. I can't believe I'm so close to my goal weight. When I see my surgeon for my 12 month follow-up in August I'll discuss with him about a realistic weight for me. He was happy in February when I has maybe 40 lbs. heavier considering where I started but I'd like to see more weight come off. The next 2 lbs. when I'll finally be under 200 lbs. can't come fast enough. The real fun at this time is freaking people out who haven't seen me since before the surgery. A neighbor who moved to another apartment saw me at the mailbox and actually gasped!

so proud of you i can't wait to have my surgery I am going to have it July 28th 2014 very excited and nervous.

Thank you. I wish you all the best with your surgery. Don't be nervous. Focus on what you will be accomplishing. Good luck!

Like a dream come true. I can't believe I'm so close to my goal weight. When I see my surgeon for my 12 month follow-up in August I'll discuss with him about a realistic weight for me. He was happy in February when I has maybe 40 lbs. heavier considering where I started but I'd like to see more weight come off. The next 2 lbs. when I'll finally be under 200 lbs. can't come fast enough. The real fun at this time is freaking people out who haven't seen me since before the surgery. A neighbor who moved to another apartment saw me at the mailbox and actually gasped!

CONGRATULATIONS on your success! You have lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time, how wonderful for you!!!

Keep up the great work! :)

Cheyenne

Are y'all following your rd diets to the letter? I am 3days post surgery and I went into it planning on following strictly. It's hard, though because there is only so much volume I can or want to take in. It seems like my rd has me getting all the vitamins, minerals and a lot of my protein in the diet and then AGAIN in the supplements. And everything is sweet. I could live without any sweet. I want to be cooperative but I am beginning to wonder.... What kinds of things do they have you eating or, in my case for now, drinking?

Awesome! You are an inspiration to those of us who are just beginning this journey! I am 10 days into this journey, I had the sleeve surgery on the 15th. It's so wonderful to read about people like you who have kicked butt!!! :) I am looking forward to this journey.

I followed my diet pretty close to the letter. There were a couple of times where I started the next phase a day to two early, just because if I didn't have something to eat with a little more substance, my poor hubby was going to get hurt! :) My suggestion is not to go wild, and really stick to it. It is worth it in the long run.

During my first two weeks, it was water, protein, and broth. I did slip in a little jello from time to time. Not a lot of variety. But I swear, it will get better with your next phase!

Back