• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

10 year's from Surgery

Marjeano1

Hello I am Marla Lyles from Duncan, SC.

October 2010 had my Gastric-by-Pass surgery in Buffalo, NY. The best thing I could have done for myself. I had no will power, cheating was my middle name and sneaking came a close second. My top weight at that time was 398lbs, two pounds from 400. I am only 5"7' big boned woman. It was looking even all over my mid section. I had three layers after I lost my first 136lbs after surgery. Through the year's I would loose more and then gain back. So tired of cheating to myself, I worked and cared for two children and a husband who was totally disabled.
Children grew up and out of the house and husband and I moved to Florida. He needed a nursing home to care for him. That left me alone, not working due to severe back issues. I would exercise, not really into it. Several years passed by and I was carrying a third tire around my hips. Pulling down it was heavy and straining my back as well. Extra strain on the thighs when I walked. My weight dropped down to 232lbs, yet still hurting, from Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritus, and keeping my blood sugar's level.
I am now in Duncan, SC close to Greenville or Spartanburg SC After being here for over a year and referred to Cardiology Plastic Surgery, and my insurance with Humana (which approved another surgery) for me to have this third wheel removed. This was May 2022, on the 22nd I was invited to a Luncheon at a nice restaurant with a side room for get togethers. I walk in not sure what to expect, two ladies one my friend and her Friend who are Hosting this Luncheon.
A few more ladies arrive and they proceed to start. First they shared their stories one by one. Food was served as well as something to drink. I was in front and could hear everything, like my mind and hearing had opened up for thirty minutes. Everything they talked about and how their own families share in this adventure. People having Heart troubles, stroke victims and inflammation, arthritis as well as all over pain(Chronic). Just as if they was just talking to me.
I knew that I had a surgery coming the end of August. This would help me get my body ready for the surgery and to also heal my body easier after the surgery. I was not expecting the changes to evolve like they did before surgery. I ordered the products and signed up to be a partner as well as signed my Father who is 84 yrs old with many diseases and pains. My husband is a victim of Crohn's disease, his whole way of eating had to change, this could really help him too. I signed those two up as my customer's. After all we was gonna eat just fruits and vegetables(Plant Based ) in capsules or Gummie form. Juice Plus! Actual food!

Wow, you are the eternal optimist! Loved your descriptions of all the experiences that brought you here. Signing up your 84-yo dad? Wowx2!

Two things: this is a dense lot of stuff. Make sure you can handle it in doses so you don't get overwhelmed. And secondly, I hope you're in regular touch with a nutritionist. Because you have so much going on, you need the professional support of someone qualified to give it.

Welcome to your new group! So glad to have you here.0

Back