• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

100 lb gone!

Susie q

Finally six months out I have reached a milesstone 100lb gone, I've worked hard and will continue to work harder to reach my goal, this surgery has saved my life, I've never felt more blessed than I feel now.

Mazel tov! A true inspiration. Have you ever had any doubts as to your successor did you just know it was going to happen for you? Please elaborate you worked hard but what difficulties did you overcome? And what went easier than you thought would happen?

Regards

Dcepello, the answer to your questions are , I did not know how far I could go, my struggles are more mental, I still see myself as being very big even though I'm not my eyes look in the mirror and see the old me so I really have to work through that, I see a therapist who is helping me, when I go clothes shopping I want to go to plus size and look at 5x size because that's what I see, as to eating at first I had a difficult time getting my protein in and my water but now I do pretty good, and I exercise everyday 7 days a week it makes me feel great, my biggest accomplishment was getting off all my high blood pressure Meds and high cholesterol Meds and becoming Non-Diabetic, that was the main purpose for this surgery, other than that I've had no complications from my surgery, I feel years younger and wish I would have done this sooner.

WOW I am simply amazed Susie q. you are doing so great and it is great to know that it is possible to loose the weight. Congratulations.

Susie Q congratulations on your great weight loss. I know how good it feels, are you having fun shopping for smaller sizes? thrift stores have become my favorite place to shop. until I reach my goal weight I am not buying new stuff, sizes change too frequently, keep up the good work.
Donna

Thank you everyone this site has really helped threw my ups and downs and I hope I can be a good roll model for everyone considering weight loss surgery, it really does save lives...

Hi Susie Q, congrats on the 100 lbs lost. Outstanding work. You are a great role model, never giving up. I love your spirit. You are a BIG LOSER in my book.

Frank

:cool:

Wow, you are an inspiration! Can you tell me how you dealt with the plateaus? I quickly lost 45#, then the last couple of weeks it's slowed down. My doctor is still very pleased, but I have some concerns. I appreciate anything you have to say. Tina

Tina, I know they can be very frustrating to have, what I would do is increase my protein and water intake and then increase my activity that usually worked, your body just gets used to what amount your giving it as with any diet it gets comfortable and you need to step it up ,and this will happen several times through out your experience , I wish you luck and my best advice is o not step on the scales everyday as to that can get discouraging, try once a week you will be much happier :)

Congratulations Susie. It's a great feeling isn't it? What's your next goal? Mine is getting under 200 lbs.

I just had surgery on Monday. I was going crazy today wondering why all I wanted was food. I knew this was not a magic wand, or miracle cure, but I did not anticipate the cravings. Yet they came. I have been in recovery for other substances for quite a few years, so I knew that support was going to be the key. I searched online bariatric support groups and joined immediately. I read your post about the milestone you attained and hope came rushing back. I will be 50 in October. I love to walk and I am wondering what other types of exercise have helped you do so well in your weight-loss? I have so many questions. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience, strength and hope. The cravings will not take over, I am stronger thanks to people like you.
Teresa Wahleithner

I'm glad I can help, this web site help me a lot to, I really find dancing when you are able helps if you are not a fan of excersise, you can tone up a lot that way, but remember don't step on the scales but once a week or even less if you can you can get frustrated that way, let us know of your progress, I wish you great luck

Congratulations, Susie!!! 100# is a LOT of weight. So proud of you!

I had to smile reading about at your trying on large sizes routine. I did that for the longest time. I think for just about all of us, it's mental. When I was down to a size 12 I was trying on 16 & 18. When I reached an 8, I would start with a size 12. I just couldn't comprehend a size 8. Now I'm a 4 and I start with.... 4. Sometimes I have to buy a 6, but not too often.

Does anyone other than me find it hysterical to realize the small sizes are just as difficult to find as the extra large sizes? I have a new appreciation for tiny people.

Keep that smile on your face and that attitude! You will come out of this a much better person for having gone through this experience.

Life is good.

Letrell

I love it, I thought I was the only one that did this, thank you for sharing this with me and I love the fact that your surgery was in 2009 and your still small that is fantastic! I love it

Wow...congratulations. That is an incredible amount of weight loss in 6 months! Best wishes for your continuing journey!

Nice going, it is not easy. We don't wake up skinny. Tell us your favorite food finds and what works for you. In the mean time, kudos!

I would like to tell you I think you have done great! Keep doing what you are doing, you will be at goal soon, great job, Ms Susie

Back