• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

100 Pounds gone

So, you can rejoice in your success and share it every year with your loved one, whose passing now marks a watershed moment in your life. I'm sure she'd be happy you have the opportunity to re-dedicate this day to saving your life instead of just her passing. Congratulations, big time! Love to your Maw Maw!

Since I started my journey, I've lost many people, including my mother, an older sister and a younger brother. But it was losing my dear dad, who was almost 86 when he died, that galvanized my decision to change my life. I think about him all the time and wish he'd been around to see how I succeeded. And if my sibs had managed to change their lifestyles, they would both still be here, my sis born in 1947 and my brother born in 1954. I can't say I feel too sentimental about my abusive, crabby, cruel old mother, who, of course, lived to 93. She was born on 2/22/22. Her passing actually liberated my brother and sisters who were still alive. I had already broken the chain before she went, so it was neither a celebration nor a tragedy for me. It just was. But I really miss Tim and Kathy and wish they could have made life-affirming decisions so they'd still be with us.

Back