• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

12 Days Post OP (single anastomosis duodenal switch) For Those Interested In How It's Been Going

April1980

It was a rough go at first, I regretted having the surgery for about a week after getting it because of the pain. Side note: I did not take the pain medication because well I never do, I'm scared of drug addiction I've seen too many friends get hurt and then bam they are addicts. I finally have my 1st post OP appointment with my surgeon today. I don't think he's going to be happy with me. I have not been able to get 80-100 protein each day. Honestly all this sugary tasting stuff makes me want to vomit (emotionally). I got the plain protein powder to put in food but since I'm still on full liquids it barely makes a dent in what I'm suppose to get. I'm really hoping they put me on pureed foods so I can have meat and veggies. I'm not hungry, obviously, but I think it will help me to get the protein i need. The B12 vitamin I have been taking every single day like clockwork so I'm good with that. Still have to wait another 2 weeks to start taking all my other vitamins. The blood thinner shots are almost over. They don't hurt but it is really obnoxious stabbing myself every morning and having little bruises pop up and thinking dang it how'd I manage this one. Also, I'm down 15lbs since surgery, 25 since 2 weeks before sugery not sure if this is good but that's what happened. I'm still having trouble getting out of bed, due to one part of my abdomen still hurting and I get tired really easily. I never took naps before but now about half way through the day I need a nap to recoup some energy. Also, no problems with bowel movements over here, I go once every other day to every day to 3 times a day. So basically everything is working the way it's supposed to. I think I covered everything for those who are interested in the single anastomosis duodenal switch. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I know that not many people have this surgery.

Thank you April. You are a superstar! But I don't know how you made it without pain meds! You're going to be fine. Very soon when you hit the pureed Foods you cannot find all kinds of ways to get protein into your body. Your weight loss is astronomical! And you just sound so confident and brave. I will be very interested to hear more about the results of the duodenal switch. I guess that means your numbers when you start to get them, when they start to be meaningful. And of course it also means how you feel and how your body functions. I I foresee blue skies in your future.

It was a rough go at first, I regretted having the surgery for about a week after getting it because of the pain. Side note: I did not take the pain medication because well I never do, I'm scared of drug addiction I've seen too many friends get hurt and then bam they are addicts. I finally have my 1st post OP appointment with my surgeon today. I don't think he's going to be happy with me. I have not been able to get 80-100 protein each day. Honestly all this sugary tasting stuff makes me want to vomit (emotionally). I got the plain protein powder to put in food but since I'm still on full liquids it barely makes a dent in what I'm suppose to get. I'm really hoping they put me on pureed foods so I can have meat and veggies. I'm not hungry, obviously, but I think it will help me to get the protein i need. The B12 vitamin I have been taking every single day like clockwork so I'm good with that. Still have to wait another 2 weeks to start taking all my other vitamins. The blood thinner shots are almost over. They don't hurt but it is really obnoxious stabbing myself every morning and having little bruises pop up and thinking dang it how'd I manage this one. Also, I'm down 15lbs since surgery, 25 since 2 weeks before sugery not sure if this is good but that's what happened. I'm still having trouble getting out of bed, due to one part of my abdomen still hurting and I get tired really easily. I never took naps before but now about half way through the day I need a nap to recoup some energy. Also, no problems with bowel movements over here, I go once every other day to every day to 3 times a day. So basically everything is working the way it's supposed to. I think I covered everything for those who are interested in the single anastomosis duodenal switch. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I know that not many people have this surgery.
Thank you or sharing. I've heard others stating the first week they had thoughts of, should I have done this, as well. I was talking to a gentleman, who mentioned we store estrogen in our fat cells and as we lose weight we release that estrogen. So we are getting an estrogen overload. Hormones, ladies. We are up and down because of hormones.

I have purchased some small protein shake s that have 30 g in them. Now if I can only find tasty ones muhahaha. Actually I have, injury, but I had to try some other brands.

Back