• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

12 years post op and gaining

JNSP

Hi! New member here. I'm 12 years post op and have gained 15-20 lbs in the last few months. It may not seem like a lot but I'm 5'1" and you can really tell. All the saggy skin doesn't help either. I'm freaking out! I do NOT want to gain all this weight back. I have felt much hungrier lately and it seems it takes more to get me full. I have not had my band loosened at all. I was scared something was wrong with my band so I went to my doctor. He said it seemed fine (without pulling all the fluid out and checking) and to stick to a better diet and exercise. But why am I more hungry and why isn't my band restricting the intake like it used to? Is there some sort of reset I can do to get this weight off? I was in a group many years ago and I remember someone saying to start over with the post op diet...liquids, soft food, etc. Does anyone know anything about this or have and ideas?

Also- has anyone had leg surgery to remove skin? Leg lift?

I heard from multiple doctors that people that do NOT get the skin removed have a higher likelihood for regain. I don't know how true that is, as I know several people that have NOT done the skin removal and have maintained for many years. I personally just had skin removal in December. The only thing that I did NOT do the thigh lift. My surgeon said to wait to see if I still felt I wanted or needed it because the 360 tummy tuck did pull up some.

I also had a band originally; mine started to erode and the port flipped, so I ended up having a revision.

I feel a lot of relief in having the skin removal... my body is finally starting to look like I expected it to when I lost weight.

Back