• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

149???!!!

Brenda2010

Hey guys - I just had to celebrate something I never in my wildest hopes thought I'd see.

I get on the scale every Friday and this morning was under 150! 149.8 but still, I had to get back on 3 times to believe it to be true.

When I started this journey at 290, my hope was to loose 100 lbs. Then I continued on to try for my previous low adult weight, 168.

I crushed that goal and went on to loose 3 more lbs before my body lift surgery, weighing in at 165.

The surgeon removed 10.2 lbs of skin so I was figuring I'd end up in the 155 range for life. Never, ever did I think I'd see 149. I wanted to celebrate all day! Thanks for making me feel good and heard. Love you guys!

So...do you mind sharing your mental process, how you are crushing your goals?

Do you have an alterior motive/goal of reaching a certain level of fitness or accomplishment? Bad back/joints ever demanding you carry a few pounds less? Or are you just on a roll, feeling great, looking great and just wanting more of that?

Hey guys - I just had to celebrate something I never in my wildest hopes thought I'd see.

I get on the scale every Friday and this morning was under 150! 149.8 but still, I had to get back on 3 times to believe it to be true.

When I started this journey at 290, my hope was to loose 100 lbs. Then I continued on to try for my previous low adult weight, 168.

I crushed that goal and went on to loose 3 more lbs before my body lift surgery, weighing in at 165.

The surgeon removed 10.2 lbs of skin so I was figuring I'd end up in the 155 range for life. Never, ever did I think I'd see 149. I wanted to celebrate all day! Thanks for making me feel good and heard. Love you guys!
You are a superstar! Congrats on the payoff from all of your hard work. You totally deserve it! So did you end up doing anything special to celebrate?

You are a superstar! Congrats on the payoff from all of your hard work. You totally deserve it! So did you end up doing anything special to celebrate?
Thanks as always!!!

Hoping to plan a nice vacation when we get control over this virus!!! I've got a $600 Delta airline credit that I don't need to use by September but need to book a trip by September to use it. So now it's just figuring out what I can afford (with this new surgery bill), if it'll be a single's thing (since I'll probably be doing it alone), and all that stuff. :)

So...do you mind sharing your mental process, how you are crushing your goals?

Do you have an alterior motive/goal of reaching a certain level of fitness or accomplishment? Bad back/joints ever demanding you carry a few pounds less? Or are you just on a roll, feeling great, looking great and just wanting more of that?

I actually consider myself at goal. I had my body contouring surgery so wouldn't want to loose more than another 5 pounds or my results could be compromised. So now my big motivation is maintenance and sculpting my new body. Because of the extent of the surgery, my muscles are in pretty severe atrophy. I need to build up my strength and would also love to encourage my new body toward an ideal hourglass shape. I feel almost like clay waiting to be shaped.

My motive... I have considered myself and been told I was fat since I was 7 years old. I yo-yo'd my whole adulthood, getting fatter with each gain. I just wanted to feel confident again. Years of living as a fat woman made me feel inferior. I always knew I was pretty but it was a waste because of the body. At a party in my late 20s, I overheard a guy say, "oh that fat girl with the pretty face?". I wasn't even that hurt because this was the epitome of what I thought about myself. So yeah, By 44 it was time. My mid-life crisis, but with a positive spin. :)

Last edited:
Thanks as always!!!

Hoping to plan a nice vacation when we get control over this virus!!! I've got a $600 Delta airline credit that I don't need to use by September but need to book a trip by September to use it. So now it's just figuring out what I can afford (with this new surgery bill), if it'll be a single's thing (since I'll probably be doing it alone), and all that stuff. :)
That will be so much fun! I have a trip planned to London in September to visit my best friend (her husband is Air Force and stationed near there). I'm very anxious to see if I will be able to go or not! They are scheduled to return stateside in November so it isn't something that can be put off (well it can, but then it is a completely different trip.... and I'd have to pay for a hotel!). And I have a credit through Frontier from my trip I was supposed to take to Denver.... hoping to use that in December to go there instead, but we will see. Stupid COVID.

AWESOME!!!!! You have worked hard for that!!!

That will be so much fun! I have a trip planned to London in September to visit my best friend (her husband is Air Force and stationed near there). I'm very anxious to see if I will be able to go or not! They are scheduled to return stateside in November so it isn't something that can be put off (well it can, but then it is a completely different trip.... and I'd have to pay for a hotel!). And I have a credit through Frontier from my trip I was supposed to take to Denver.... hoping to use that in December to go there instead, but we will see. Stupid COVID.
Wow London? What an adventure. I'm going to do some kind of beach resort, total R&R. Doesn't need to be all-inclusive since I can't eat much and don't drink anymore so hopefully I can find a deal. ;)

Back