• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

15 Mos. Post-Op and Nausea Is My Life!!!

I had RNY on 4/26/13 and am down nearly 145 lbs with about 45 more to go. I have been very good about getting my protein and vegetables but lately everything I eat is making me nauseated and very often vomit. These are the same foods I have been eating for months and I am at a loss. I do not eat any faster than I did before; I did learn to slow down early on. I don't drink with meals although this has been the HARDEST part. And I've not change supplements or anything environmental that I can think of... I struggle with the desire to eat enough anyway; I am never hungry. However with the prospect of getting ill, I am struggling to want to eat at all.

Has anyone else experienced this? My surgeon's office said it is a bug of some sort and will pass but it has been going on for a few weeks now.

Thanks!

Lisa

WELCOME to the forum Lisa!!!

Have you had any pain or burning in your stomach area? About 5 months after surgery I started with terrible nausea and dry heaves after I had lost a large amount of weight. I also had a terrible burning in my stomach area. I had pancreatitis and they said it was caused by the gallbladder. (Gallbladder problems are common after bariatric surgery because of the large amount of fat leaving the body.) I procrastinated and finally after several bad attacks I had my gallbladder removed which would have cured me but they left a stone in me which caused the worst of my problems. Nausea is almost constant with problems with the gallbladder. The doctor can take a blood test to check your pancreas and gallbladder.

Your doing SUPER on your weight loss journey!!! Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne. :cool:

WELCOME to the forum Lisa!!!

Have you had any pain or burning in your stomach area? About 5 months after surgery I started with terrible nausea and dry heaves after I had lost a large amount of weight. I also had a terrible burning in my stomach area. I had pancreatitis and they said it was caused by the gallbladder. (Gallbladder problems are common after bariatric surgery because of the large amount of fat leaving the body.) I procrastinated and finally after several bad attacks I had my gallbladder removed which would have cured me but they left a stone in me which caused the worst of my problems. Nausea is almost constant with problems with the gallbladder. The doctor can take a blood test to check your pancreas and gallbladder.

Your doing SUPER on your weight loss journey!!! Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne. :cool:

Thanks Cheyenne for the encouragement and information. I am having some burning as well. I am headed to the doctor tomorrow and will ask about tests.

Would love an update. Jacksonli0509 - when you get a diagnosis/test results, ect. Please write an update. I am pre-op and am interested for for future knowledge. Thanks and welcome to the forums!:eek:

New to Forum, Hello my name is Lashun and i live in Texas i am 11 months out from my revision from the Gastric Sleeve to Gastric Bypass surgery due to acid reflux issues with the sleeve. I have been having nothing but problems since I've had the surgey. I have been hospitalized 3 times and in the emergency room so many times i can't count. I am have diarrhea and nausea issues. Every time i eat i have to be by a bathroom. i am also vomiting every day. I have had 4 EDG and nothing. I am so miserable and about 2 or 3 months ago started get real bad muscle spasm cramps in my feet and hands but per every doctor visit and emergency room visit my levels are fine. I don't know what to do. I am always tires to were i don't even get out of the bed must days. I got the cramps in both hand whilevi was driving the other day and had to pull over by driving with my elbows. This is starting to scare me. Seeking advice. Please help

New to Forum, Hello my name is Lashun and i live in Texas i am 11 months out from my revision from the Gastric Sleeve to Gastric Bypass surgery due to acid reflux issues with the sleeve. I have been having nothing but problems since I've had the surgey. I have been hospitalized 3 times and in the emergency room so many times i can't count. I am have diarrhea and nausea issues. Every time i eat i have to be by a bathroom. i am also vomiting every day. I have had 4 EDG and nothing. I am so miserable and about 2 or 3 months ago started get real bad muscle spasm cramps in my feet and hands but per every doctor visit and emergency room visit my levels are fine. I don't know what to do. I am always tires to were i don't even get out of the bed must days. I got the cramps in both hand whilevi was driving the other day and had to pull over by driving with my elbows. This is starting to scare me. Seeking advice. Please help

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Sorry you are feeling so bad. Perhaps you should see a different surgeon to get a second opinion. Something must be terribly wrong. Have they checked your potassium levels? Low potassium can cause cramping but too much can cause heart problems. Do you take a diuretic? That can cause problems with potassium levels. Are you taking your multi vitamins and calcium every single day in the correct amounts? Low calcium causes cramps also. Calcium and vitamins are not absorbed easily after Gastric Bypass surgery. You must never miss a dose and you must take a higher dose than the average person. Are you also taking vitamin D3 and Biotin and B Complex?

Don't give up. Something sounds very wrong.

Cheyenne

Back