• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1st post-op appointment

KarenWV

I had my 1st appt with the dietician & the surgeon today, 8 days after my RnY. Before my surgery, my pcp had told me to stop 2 of my blood pressure meds & break the 3rd in half to take daily. My blood pressure today was just a few points above normal. My weight is down 16 lbs from my pre-surgery weigh-in 2 weeks ago! Woohoo! Not bragging, just celebrating.

I'm getting my 64+ ozs of water & 2 protein shakes in daily. I'm gonna try to add sugar free jello & maybe strained cream soup next week. My walking is about 8-10 min 2-3 times daily. Made it thru the grocery store today after my appt & did great. I didn't lift anything heavy, and I bagged stuff so I could load & unload it.

Honestly I feel GREAT! Lots of energy, almost no pain or gas, no nausea, and I've had bowel movements daily since Sunday. I just wish I had done this 5 or 10 years ago, but nonetheless I'm sure going to try to enjoy every day to come.

Thank you everyone for your help, support, guidance, and suggestions. I've learned so much here, and it's paying off big time. All my love to y'all!!! ❤❤❤

I had my 1st appt with the dietician & the surgeon today, 8 days after my RnY. Before my surgery, my pcp had told me to stop 2 of my blood pressure meds & break the 3rd in half to take daily. My blood pressure today was just a few points above normal. My weight is down 16 lbs from my pre-surgery weigh-in 2 weeks ago! Woohoo! Not bragging, just celebrating.

I'm getting my 64+ ozs of water & 2 protein shakes in daily. I'm gonna try to add sugar free jello & maybe strained cream soup next week. My walking is about 8-10 min 2-3 times daily. Made it thru the grocery store today after my appt & did great. I didn't lift anything heavy, and I bagged stuff so I could load & unload it.

Honestly I feel GREAT! Lots of energy, almost no pain or gas, no nausea, and I've had bowel movements daily since Sunday. I just wish I had done this 5 or 10 years ago, but nonetheless I'm sure going to try to enjoy every day to come.

Thank you everyone for your help, support, guidance, and suggestions. I've learned so much here, and it's paying off big time. All my love to y'all!!! ❤❤❤
Wow, that is awesome.

I had my 1st appt with the dietician & the surgeon today.... My weight is down 16 lbs from my pre-surgery weigh-in 2 weeks ago! Woohoo! Not bragging, just celebrating.

All my love to y'all!!! ❤❤❤

I’m so glad you are doing so well!!! Love happy healing stories.

Amen to that. I am truly blessed. I know so many obstacles lay ahead, but right now I'm embracing this feeling of being on cloud 9. My energy level is through the roof, which is making my daily walking easier to face as I build up my stamina. Thanks again everybody for your well wishes. And the same back at you!!! :)

Back