• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 months post op

KristyLH

I am almost 2 months post op. I am starting to worry about the amount of food I'm able to eat at this point. I get scared that I'm stretching my stomach out. I feel like I should not be able to eat as much as I am. This morning I scrambled 2 eggs with onion and roasted red pepper, 2 thin slices of deli ham and a sliced roma tomato. I was able to eat half of the overall meal. Is this normal for 2 months post op?! I read somewhere else that someone said that they could eat about 4 tbsp. worth of food at this point. Have I stretched my stomach? It's so hard to tell when I'm full now. Before anyone asks...I did not get a diet guide at the hospital that tells what I should be eating at which stage. I've seen some people mention this guide, I did not get one. I looked up how much I should be able to eat at this point online, but the answers were varied. I also do not have regular access to a nutritionist. My insurance doesn't cover it. I had to pay out of pocket for the pre-op consult and I get one post-op consult included at the 3 month mark. The nutritionist that my surgeon uses for his patients isn't even "in house". She lives out of state and comes to see his patients once a month.

Last edited:
I am almost 2 months post op. I am starting to worry about the amount of food I'm able to eat at this point. I get scared that I'm stretching my stomach out. I feel like I should not be able to eat as much as I am. This morning I scrambled 2 eggs with onion and roasted red pepper, 2 thin slices of deli ham and a sliced roma tomato. I was able to eat half of the overall meal. Is this normal for 2 months post op?! I read somewhere else that someone said that they could eat about 4 tbsp. worth of food at this point. Have I stretched my stomach? It's so hard to tell when I'm full now. Before anyone asks...I did not get a diet guide at the hospital that tells what I should be eating at which stage. I've seen some people mention this guide, I did not get one. I looked up how much I should be able to eat at this point online, but the answers were varied. I also do not have regular access to a nutritionist. My insurance doesn't cover it. I had to pay out of pocket for the pre-op consult and I get one post-op consult included at the 3 month mark. The nutritionist that my surgeon uses for his patients isn't even "in house". She lives out of state and comes to see his patients once a month.

My dr says at 2 months out one should be eating about 1/4 cup of food. I know all drs r different but i also find some days my stomach can take more food than others.

My doc said at your point, he wanted me eating no more than 1 egg. Believe me, you want to try to stick with that. I'm 6 months out and can eat way too much food. I struggle to not overeat.

Thank you for the insight. I'm still losing weight rapidly with the amount I'm currently eating but my big concern is that once the weight loss slows down I'll have a really hard time getting it going again with a stretched out stomach. I will scale it down, and try to eat some healthy snacks in between meals so I don't go crazy when meal times come along. I always seem to feel hungry even when I've just eaten, and I'm thinking maybe I'm thirsty instead and just don't know it. Or maybe it's just in my head.

Thank you for the insight. I'm still losing weight rapidly with the amount I'm currently eating but my big concern is that once the weight loss slows down I'll have a really hard time getting it going again with a stretched out stomach. I will scale it down, and try to eat some healthy snacks in between meals so I don't go crazy when meal times come along. I always seem to feel hungry even when I've just eaten, and I'm thinking maybe I'm thirsty instead and just don't know it. Or maybe it's just in my head.
That's good that you are still losing. One thing I was reminded of today at my 6 month follow up appointment is that I'm supposed to only be eating 3 times per day. I've been eating snacks (fruit) in between meals. No more.

Back