• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 questions here!

Jackie12321

1st question its been 2 months since my gastricbypass surgery and for 2 weeks now i havent lost any weight? Is that normal?
2nd question i can eat a whole peice of toast and im scared my stomach is getting bigger..... so is a whole peice of toast a normal amount at this point?

Hi Jackie I think it’s normal I was the same way now m only losing 2 or 3 pounds a week. I’ve also been eating a little more too since I was cleared to eat solid food. As for toast I was told I can have bread too as long as it is Whole Wheat and toasted really good I have a piece with reduced sugar peanut butter every once in a while but I kinda didn’t like it. Doesn’t digest very good but I don’t think your stomach can get bigger having a slice of toast. I’m not a dr. Though

I agree with Bill that a single piece of toast will not stretch your stomach. Discuss with your doctor but I believe that it would take months (if not years) of constantly eating past full to stretch your new pouch. In my opinion, you'd feel sick well before your stomach starts stretching. ;)

Everyone looses at the pace their body allows. Even during my journey, I had weeks where I'd loose less than a pound and then others where I'd loose 7 pounds! It all depends on what your body needs to hold onto at that time. In the long run, you'll loose big. :)

I'm about 2 months out and feel like I gained 4 pounds then lost 2 of those 4. I'm struggling with constipation so it's hard to get 64 oz of water plus 60 grams of protein.
I hope you've been in contact with your doctor and nutritionist about this. There should be something they can prescribe for the constipation and you really need to be getting in the water, even before protein. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Back