• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 week liquid fast

Nicelady I am currently 6 six days into my 1 month liquid diet and I can say some days are harder than other...The struggle is real especially when you have a love for food and eating but that is why I am here to change that so all I can offer is...I am making the best intentions to keep mind focused on the bigger picture and why I started this journey to start with and that is to be a better me to be better health wise in just over all in life...I am sure that there are others that will can and will advise the support on making it through the whole two weeks as im just getting started but Ive gotten suggestions from others to start hobbies and trying things to keep my mind off urgency or wanting to eat food...I really just want this time to fly by so I just try and stay busy with my mind and hands I really wish you the best of luck and remember there is a bigger picture and two weeks is nothing compared to your whole life... you got this and you will get through this one day at a time ( I like to even break it down to one hour or even minute at a time)..

I am day 10 into 2 week liquid diet. My surgery is Wednesday.
I haven't been able to drink 6 shakes, just 5. Jello is my savior since I feel like it's a solid. Yesterday I stopped at the Chinese restaurant and got a quart of won ton broth and I enjoyed it, a welcome change from beef and chicken.
I also made my own broth adding veggies, meat,soup bones, fresh herbs. I let it cook for hours and then strained it really good. Much more tasty then boxed or canned. Then I froze it in pint containers.
Had a meltdown the other day smelling a frozen pizza my son was cooking. I called my doctor's office and the dietician said it was perfectly normal, I was "hangry" hungry + angry.
You will have those days. But I need to do this not just for weight loss but I need both my knees replaced and they won't do that surgery until I am at a BMI of 40.
Hang in take a ride or a shower or just get away from smelling food.
Wish you the best

Marci, you are so creative! I never would have thought to get won ton broth, but that's a great idea (though in the long run, it's not something you want to put in your body on a regular basis). And I'm kinda jealous that your homemade broth turned out so well. Mine NEVER does. I can't figure out what I do wrong, but it might just be that I don't actually like the ingredients that are in it.

The nose knows! I've always said the nose is a big faker because it makes you believe that a thing tastes as good as it smells. Usually, it doesn't. I mean, come on, popcorn? No. It's the stuff you put on popcorn that makes it taste good. Even coffee doesn't taste as good as it smells (usually) and I am a devoted coffee drinker. It would be so helpful to us if we could hypnotize ourselves into believing a thing that smells good is going to taste bad, or that the smell is actually foul!

You've got me wanting to try to make broth again, though. I'll be looking for some recipes & will be happy if anyone here wants to contribute theirs. Seasonings are especially important.

Marci, you are so creative! I never would have thought to get won ton broth, but that's a great idea (though in the long run, it's not something you want to put in your body on a regular basis). And I'm kinda jealous that your homemade broth turned out so well. Mine NEVER does. I can't figure out what I do wrong, but it might just be that I don't actually like the ingredients that are in it.

The nose knows! I've always said the nose is a big faker because it makes you believe that a thing tastes as good as it smells. Usually, it doesn't. I mean, come on, popcorn? No. It's the stuff you put on popcorn that makes it taste good. Even coffee doesn't taste as good as it smells (usually) and I am a devoted coffee drinker. It would be so helpful to us if we could hypnotize ourselves into believing a thing that smells good is going to taste bad, or that the smell is actually foul!

You've got me wanting to try to make broth again, though. I'll be looking for some recipes & will be happy if anyone here wants to contribute theirs. Seasonings are especially important.
Homemade Beef Broth

1 pound piece of beef
6 carrots chopped into 4 pieces
4 ribs celery chopped into 4 pieces
Half small head cabbage chopped
Handful fresh Italian parsley
Large onion peeled and quarted
15 ounce can diced tomatoes
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 table spoons chopped garlic or 5 whole cloves peeled
Teaspoon black pepper
Tablespoon Better than Bullion Beef flavor
Two 32 ounce boxes of beef stock
2 or 3 stock bones
Put it all in a 9 quart pot
Fill to top with water and bring to boil.
Turn down to low boil not quite a summer for at least 6-7 hours.
Add water as needed until last 2 hours and then turn down to simmer and let it reduce.
Strain really well.
Enjoy

WOW I’m in my 10 day also. I could really have used some won ton broth. I daughter make a big pot of clear soup before I started my fast. It was so good. I’m going to have find out what she put in it. It might one of my post surgery clean liquids. Getting tired of the chicken, and beef broth.

Back