• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Week Liver Reduction Diet-ALL OVER AGAIN!

NicoleY

So today I begin my two week prep with the liver reduction diet. I have to say the mind if an evil thing. LOL Before this point and for the last 3 years I have a very scheduled and regimented diet. I stick to the things I know I tolerate well, things with the most protein and so forth. While I knew that going from 1200-1000 calories a day back to 550-600 calories a day would be quite a change, I did not expect day one to be this hard. I am starving and already over water. I am craving things I have not craved in years and nothing seems to curve my appetite.

The next 13 days will be quite the battle I can't manage these head games I seem to be playing with myself. Time to snap out of it. June 12th will be here before I know it!!

So today I begin my two week prep with the liver reduction diet. I have to say the mind if an evil thing. LOL Before this point and for the last 3 years I have a very scheduled and regimented diet. I stick to the things I know I tolerate well, things with the most protein and so forth. While I knew that going from 1200-1000 calories a day back to 550-600 calories a day would be quite a change, I did not expect day one to be this hard. I am starving and already over water. I am craving things I have not craved in years and nothing seems to curve my appetite.

The next 13 days will be quite the battle I can't manage these head games I seem to be playing with myself. Time to snap out of it. June 12th will be here before I know it!!
Hi Nicole- Are you getting in 60gm of protein a day? As you know, the more protein and water you take in the less true appetite you should have. Good Luck!

good luck. I will have to go through mine in July and it will be for the 2nd time. My surgery had to put on hold so I can get to the heart doctor because they caught something on my ekg. But we will be praying for you and hope you come back and update us soon

I hope you are doing better. I haven't seen my surgeon yet. But his appointment is before my cardio stress test. Hopefully he waits to put me on two week period after he gets my results. Good info as always ladies. Stay strong luv!

Hi Nicole- Are you getting in 60gm of protein a day? As you know, the more protein and water you take in the less true appetite you should have. Good Luck!
Hello Texnoble I actually get closer to 80-90 g of protein a day. That is main intake. I am not hungry at all and I don't feel sick or anything, it is just my mind playing tricks on me is all.

I hope you are doing better. I haven't seen my surgeon yet. But his appointment is before my cardio stress test. Hopefully he waits to put me on two week period after he gets my results. Good info as always ladies. Stay strong luv!
Good luck and keep us posted! Hope the tests go well.

Back