• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Weeks Post Op and Lost 11 pounds

Debbie S

Hello everyone.

I had my surgery on May 5 (2 weeks ago today) and since then I have lost 11 pounds. Is this good?

However, since I have started my liquid diet (before surgery) which was on April 27 (my birthday of all things) I have lost a total of 36 pounds. This was done in 23 days.

I am trying my best here. Been noticing I am starting to get hungry but as soon as I eat I am full (which I am glad for that). Oh, and my belly pain is "finally" starting to subside and I am getting to feel a bit normal. I have to be grateful for my daughter who constantly pushes me, but man I feel worn out. I am sure its mostly from the surgery but she has literally kept me hopping these past couple of weeks (we did college shopping--she is now a senior in college).

Let me know what you all think.

~Debbie~

Hello everyone.

I had my surgery on May 5 (2 weeks ago today) and since then I have lost 11 pounds. Is this good?

However, since I have started my liquid diet (before surgery) which was on April 27 (my birthday of all things) I have lost a total of 36 pounds. This was done in 23 days.

I am trying my best here. Been noticing I am starting to get hungry but as soon as I eat I am full (which I am glad for that). Oh, and my belly pain is "finally" starting to subside and I am getting to feel a bit normal. I have to be grateful for my daughter who constantly pushes me, but man I feel worn out. I am sure its mostly from the surgery but she has literally kept me hopping these past couple of weeks (we did college shopping--she is now a senior in college).

Let me know what you all think.

~Debbie~

Hi Debbie! 11 pounds in the first 2 weeks is great! I came home from the hospital gaining weight because of all the fluids they give in the hospital. You have lost 36 lb since April 27, that's WONDERFUL!!!

Be very careful not to overdue your exercise for the first 4-6 wks. Let your body heal. There is plenty of time to exercise later. My surgeon said to be especially careful the first 3 wks even with things like gulping drinks because the stomach can leak and that would be disastrous.

Good luck! Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne :cool:

Thank you for the information. Just reading about the possibilities scares the hibby jibbies out of me. However, all i have been doing is walking. That has been real hard since I am still sore, but my daughter has been trying to get everything ready for summer college, moving into her apartment, shopping, etc. and I tagged along with her. Trust me, I got really tired but i was glad to be there with her. Doing all that walking helped ease the pain from my right side (felt like a weak lung). I had testing done and nothing was wrong internally.

This week is what I am going to call my lazy week. I am doing as little as possible and taking in the rest. I say it is long overdue but I am taking it.

Again, thank you Cheyenne for the heads up.

~Debbie

Hi Debbie S, I think you're doing awesome. Keep up the fantastic work. Keeping busy is the best way to deal with a lot of this I guess. Even though it's hard, do get some rest as needed though. Your weight loss is wonderful. Congratulations :)

Thank you Nisey.

I do have a question for everyone though. I am just 2 weeks out, and my tummy still hurts. I think its from the massive hernia repair and not from he tummy itself. I state this because it hurts by my belly button (all around it), and directly straight up for like 3-4".

Anyone else had any pain like this?

I had my gastric bypass first and not much pain at all. 10 months later I had my umbilical hernia fixed and it hurt much worse than when I had my gastric bypass surgery. I would bet it is from the hernia repair.

Cheyenne

thanks Cheyenne. Well i am 19 days post op and it is feeling better. I still have tenderness but i guess one day at a time and it will eventually be good.

Thank you Nisey.

I do have a question for everyone though. I am just 2 weeks out, and my tummy still hurts. I think its from the massive hernia repair and not from he tummy itself. I state this because it hurts by my belly button (all around it), and directly straight up for like 3-4".

Anyone else had any pain like this?

I do! I had my hernia repaired while I was in surgery for gastric sleeve on 12/15/16, I have bumped into the sink while washing dishes and it took my breath! I should have kept on my binder..

Back