• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks post surgery

MK Knight

Okay so I am getting around with one of my incisions healing slowly but the doctor is seeing me once a week until it heals.
I have a question for everyone... I am still having issues bending with a little pain. Also, I feel a little bloating now that I have started semi solid food. I am back to wearing my after surgery belt to relieve pain .... anyone else still have problems bending around the 2 weeks mark and feeling sore if you walk too much ?

MK, it's possible that the belly pain and the difficulty bending over each and both relate to the gas that you are still expelling from your body. But you're only two weeks after the surgery. You are not going to feel like your old self for many weeks.

It's very good that you are wearing your elastic band. It helps to hold everything in place and it actually can help you with pain reduction. This is the time when you should be babying yourself. Be gentle. You need it.

But as far as something really specific like a pain that occurs in a certain spot or at a certain time, I believe you should let your surgeon know that that is one of the side effects you're having right now. You may need to go back in to have some things checked out. I think you're on track. But I think you may not realize how much change has happened in your body and how many organs need to catch up with it. There are rare people who can function just fine after a few days. But I know that I wasn't anywhere near fine for at least six weeks after surgery.

Call your doctor for a better answer.

MK, it's possible that the belly pain and the difficulty bending over each and both relate to the gas that you are still expelling from your body. But you're only two weeks after the surgery. You are not going to feel like your old self for many weeks.

It's very good that you are wearing your elastic band. It helps to hold everything in place and it actually can help you with pain reduction. This is the time when you should be babying yourself. Be gentle. You need it.

But as far as something really specific like a pain that occurs in a certain spot or at a certain time, I believe you should let your surgeon know that that is one of the side effects you're having right now. You may need to go back in to have some things checked out. I think you're on track. But I think you may not realize how much change has happened in your body and how many organs need to catch up with it. There are rare people who can function just fine after a few days. But I know that I wasn't anywhere near fine for at least six weeks after surgery.

Call your doctor for a better answer.
Thank you so much ! I see my surgeon Wednesday and I will talk more in depth with him.
Thanks again for responding !!!

Okay so I am getting around with one of my incisions healing slowly but the doctor is seeing me once a week until it heals.
I have a question for everyone... I am still having issues bending with a little pain. Also, I feel a little bloating now that I have started semi solid food. I am back to wearing my after surgery belt to relieve pain .... anyone else still have problems bending around the 2 weeks mark and feeling sore if you walk too much ?
I know how you feel, i had terrible pain until day 17 after surgery. Hang in there, it will stop!

Back