• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Weeks Pre-Surgery

I am 3 days into my 2 week pre surgery liquid diet and my surgery is scheduled for the 27th of April. Are there any gastric sleeve recipients out there that can give me any words of advise/encouragement?

Hi, Draft Girl, Welcome to the forum. I had teh RnY but the pre op diet sounds the same, so hang in there do what the doctors tell you to do and your surgery day will be here before you know it. Come back and let us know how you are doing, Please come back for advice or just to vent between now and the 27th I know how difficult this week is for you. Keep up the good work. :cool: Tom

I'm on the last 3 days of my liquid diet, and I've done terribly. I kept telling myself that this was the "last time" I would get to have this or that. I haven't lost ANY weight during my 14 days, but I've been making sure to stay away from fast foods. I've been getting in my protein shakes and making fresh juice, which seemed to really help on the days I did well. Also, on the days I did well, I added a tablespoon of peanut butter and a half a banana to my chocolate protein shake, added stevia and ice and blended ... it was delicious! Good luck to you!! We should keep in touch ... my surgery is Friday!

The first 3 days were the hardest for me. After that it just became a routine so I stopped thinking about the things I couldn't have. Besides that it's a temporary thing and it helps prepare you for surgery. The pre-surgical diet helps to shrink your liver to make it easier for the surgeon to do the surgery laproscopically. Hang in there and before you know it your surgery day will be here. The day of surgery the last thing on your mind will be food. As soon as you get to the hospital you will be kept so busy the time will fly by and before you know it you will be awake in the recovery room. Make sure you come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing.

I am 9 days into my liquid diet. The first 4 days were very difficult for me. Suddenly it hit me that I was done with all the bad eating habits and I felt enormous pressure on myself. I had a good cry, talked on this board and with some good support people. Once that day was done, I felt a great weight lift and have had an easy time since. This is a decision not to be made lightly, but once you know its the right one, its awesome!! Good Luck to you

Back