• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 years and I cant seem to lose these last 50 lbs.

It will be 2 yars in June for my gastric surgury and I can not seem to loss these last 50 pounds. I exercise and walk 5 days per week n I am still eating light but my skin is so flabby I look bad and I am trying to feel better about myself but its hard when I have to look at myself naked with all this skin. So if anyone has had a beely tuck /boob job let me know

hi i so know how you feel even though you think you need to lose 50 more lbs. you don't you have to remember all that extra skin is weight that you will never lose unless you have more surgery,and i'm here to tell you that i had a tummy tuck by a top doctor in chicago and it was HELL i could'nt even stand i left the hospital in a wheel chair and i had 3 holes with tubes comming out of me right at the top of my hair line, heavy drain bags on the end of them and they was stiched to me and taped and the tape gave one day and the bag fell and ripped the stiches right out,i had to drain them about 3x a day and mesure what came out then when it was time to get them off they just cut the stiches and pull the tubes out nothing for the pain then you have them open holes till they heal and 2 days after having them out i ran a really high fever,i had got an infection from the open holes i had to use a walker for about 4 weeks so not to scare you but i had no idea that it would be anything like that so just to let you know it is not easy,and i have so much more extra skin but i don't know if i could ever go through more surgery you never know what the out come may be ,and you know you need it when you get out of the bath and your 2 year old looks at you then at her and says i don't have long baba's lol...

Back