• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3momchaos

This year has obviously not been the best, and for some it’s been the absolute worst. While I’ve had my downs and struggles with seeing how the world can be unkind, I have always tried to focus on what’s in my control and maintain a positive outlook. I was able to have gastric bypass in October which is something I’ve wanted for many years. My weight loss has been successful, and I found a great group for support throughout the entire process. I’m looking forward to 2021, and all the positive changes that are still to come. I hope all of you happiness and health in 2021!

I am looking forward to 2021. I know it will still be rough with Covid and that probably will last for quite some time but there is a lot to be grateful for and this group is one of them. I wish you all good health and much happiness in the new year. May this year be better for all of us!

So far 2020 crap is bleeding into 2021. I was supposed to have family Christmas tomorrow but its on hold until the end of Jan as my sister thinks she has covid. I asked if she was going to get tested and the response was "why get tested they can't do anything anyway." Um so if she is positive she can tells others she was exposed to.

Anyway aside from that I have 2 does having some medical stuff going on. My daughters dog has a horrible eye ulcer and we have to treat every 4 hours and if it rupters we have to bring him in for emergency eye removal surgery. The meds we are treating him with- one will run out before his follow up appointment on Monday.

The other dog was fixed last Monday and yesterday started leaking from her incision. The emergency vet says its not a big deal but it doesn't seem right. And how the hell does one keep a 2 year old boxer calm????she is hating crate rest.

We have the eye issue dog upstairs wearing a cone away from the other dogs for his safety. Poor guy can't get the hang of the cone. The spay dog is mostly in a crate but when out is on the main level. I tried to put a cone on her as I am worried she is locking but then she got scared to the point of shaking and panting excessively.

They both just need to heal.

I had a really rough 2019, and so I was BEGGING for 2020 to show up. Literally could not WAIT for it. And then it did. :oops: So, this NYE, I found myself grateful for the positive things that 2020 brought along with all it's bad. I had WLS and am healthier then I have been in YEARS. I finally had some free time (during lock down) to develop new hobbies & do some of those home projects I always swear I don't have time for. My husband started working from home and my mom moved in with us, so I get lots of family time. (okay, mixed blessing but HEY! I'm being positive here) I am not normally a "think positive" kind of person but after all the bad that 2020 brought, I am grateful for the basics. Friends, Family, Health and Hearth. Too many are missing some of those things.

2019 was a mixed year for my family. My brother in law was diagnosed with glioblastoma in January after initially thinking he had a stroke. He had surgery to remove the tumor, and in that process his brain was nicked and partially paralyzed on his left (dominant) side. He and my sister moved in with my mom bc she’s a nurse. He ended up passing away in April, so the cancer took him quickly. It was beyond devastating for my sister, and I’m very close with her, so it hit me hard as well. But my husband started a new job in September of 19, and that was definitely a good thing since his old job laid off most of their employees in 2020. I was looking forward to 2020 being great, and there were parts that were personally positive, but certainly a hard year overall.

So far 2020 crap is bleeding into 2021. I was supposed to have family Christmas tomorrow but its on hold until the end of Jan as my sister thinks she has covid. I asked if she was going to get tested and the response was "why get tested they can't do anything anyway." Um so if she is positive she can tells others she was exposed to.

Anyway aside from that I have 2 does having some medical stuff going on. My daughters dog has a horrible eye ulcer and we have to treat every 4 hours and if it rupters we have to bring him in for emergency eye removal surgery. The meds we are treating him with- one will run out before his follow up appointment on Monday.

The other dog was fixed last Monday and yesterday started leaking from her incision. The emergency vet says its not a big deal but it doesn't seem right. And how the hell does one keep a 2 year old boxer calm????she is hating crate rest.

We have the eye issue dog upstairs wearing a cone away from the other dogs for his safety. Poor guy can't get the hang of the cone. The spay dog is mostly in a crate but when out is on the main level. I tried to put a cone on her as I am worried she is locking but then she got scared to the point of shaking and panting excessively.

They both just need to heal.
How’s everyone doing? I remember being at my wits end when my dogs were fixed. They’re litter mates, so they got fixed at the same time. I was like, how do I keep them calm enough not to wrestle? I think I used Benadryl a couple time to help chill them out.

2019 was a mixed year for my family. My brother in law was diagnosed with glioblastoma in January after initially thinking he had a stroke. He had surgery to remove the tumor, and in that process his brain was nicked and partially paralyzed on his left (dominant) side. He and my sister moved in with my mom bc she’s a nurse. He ended up passing away in April, so the cancer took him quickly. It was beyond devastating for my sister, and I’m very close with her, so it hit me hard as well. But my husband started a new job in September of 19, and that was definitely a good thing since his old job laid off most of their employees in 2020. I was looking forward to 2020 being great, and there were parts that were personally positive, but certainly a hard year overall.
So sorry 3momchaos! I certainly hope this year treats you and your family beter!

Back