• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2nd day post op

shadeau

I am miserable. I had to do a revision to bypass because of severe acid reflux. I developed osteoporosis from being on high doses of omeprazole. My surgeon that did the sleeve did not say anything about the fact I had bad reflux and that it would get worse. Wish I could go back in time and slap him.
I am still in the hospital. Probably till Friday. Within the past couple of hours I became nauseous. Did ice chips all day yesterday and trying sips of water today. I guess my body is not happy, yet.
how did others deal with nausea?
I burp and it feels like something wants to come up. Ugh!

Yea we have done zofran. For the past 8 hours I have been throwing up. Very painful. Getting another dose in 10 minutes. Hope it works.

I am miserable. I had to do a revision to bypass because of severe acid reflux. I developed osteoporosis from being on high doses of omeprazole. My surgeon that did the sleeve did not say anything about the fact I had bad reflux and that it would get worse. Wish I could go back in time and slap him.
I am still in the hospital. Probably till Friday. Within the past couple of hours I became nauseous. Did ice chips all day yesterday and trying sips of water today. I guess my body is not happy, yet.
how did others deal with nausea?
I burp and it feels like something wants to come up. Ugh!
See if you can try warm broth. It was the only thing that helped my nausea. They gave it to me the night I had surgery. Also, I know this sounds weird, but smelling alcohol wipes. I’m a nurse and it’s an old school trick we use that really works for some people!

Back