• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2nd Week Post-op Gastric Sleeve

PoohP

Hi from Ga! I had my surgery Sept 27th. There was a slow bleed somewhere and I was required to stay in the hospital 4 extra days and had a blood transfusion of 2 pints. I am not sharing this to scare anyone. I have had very little pain, thank goodness! Things do happen. I am slowly getting my strength back. I am excited to be able to have something other than broth, water, and popsicles.
Does anyone have any Week 2 food suggestions? I know some people can be very creative. I am finding foods that smelled wonderful to me before (coffee), nauseates me now. Can we use condiments like mustard and mayo? I am just afraid I am not getting enough food or water in. I am trying, but don't want it :( I DO NOT REGRET making this decision and looking forward to the journey :)

I'm sorry to hear of your complications. How did they find out you were bleeding? Did you have to go back in for more surgery? I'm anxious to see the results of your food questions.
My white and red blood counts were bad. I had either lost more blood than thought during surgery or had a slow bleed. I think they would have gone back in if the transfusions had not helped.

Hi from Ga! I had my surgery Sept 27th. There was a slow bleed somewhere and I was required to stay in the hospital 4 extra days and had a blood transfusion of 2 pints. I am not sharing this to scare anyone. I have had very little pain, thank goodness! Things do happen. I am slowly getting my strength back. I am excited to be able to have something other than broth, water, and popsicles.
Does anyone have any Week 2 food suggestions? I know some people can be very creative. I am finding foods that smelled wonderful to me before (coffee), nauseates me now. Can we use condiments like mustard and mayo? I am just afraid I am not getting enough food or water in. I am trying, but don't want it :( I DO NOT REGRET making this decision and looking forward to the journey :)

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the surgery, I had a hard time with it too. I was told that the first year is the hardest . I had the sleeve done one year ago on OCT. 27, 2015 and I lost 50 pounds but it has been very slowly due to me not being able to exercise from being disabled. I was told that I would just take longer to lose the weight. I am happy to being able to lose weight per week now, as long as it keeps going that way. I do take lot of meds and they make me gain weight so it is harder to lose. I still am having stomach pains after I eat, and I am not drinking enough water neither or eating enough protein, I am afraid of this still.

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the surgery, I had a hard time with it too. I was told that the first year is the hardest . I had the sleeve done one year ago on OCT. 27, 2015 and I lost 50 pounds but it has been very slowly due to me not being able to exercise from being disabled. I was told that I would just take longer to lose the weight. I am happy to being able to lose weight per week now, as long as it keeps going that way. I do take lot of meds and they make me gain weight so it is harder to lose. I still am having stomach pains after I eat, and I am not drinking enough water neither or eating enough protein, I am afraid of this still.
I am disabled also and currently have a slipped disc. However, I intend to do chair exercises if possible. My doc suggested starting on a recumbent bike and work up to walking. Today starts my 3rd week. I had stomach pain last night after taking pain meds. First stomach pains. Please try to get your water and protein in. I understand it is really important and the catalyst to losing. I am here to talk to if you need to.

I am finally under 200 pounds and still losing about a pound a week now. I just have to stop every time you feel any pain in stomach, but I'm finally feeling better.
I am waiting for a total knee replacement now and will be fixing knee soon hopefully, then I can start to work out again if i can.

I am finally under 200 pounds and still losing about a pound a week now. I just have to stop every time you feel any pain in stomach, but I'm finally feeling better.
I am waiting for a total knee replacement now and will be fixing knee soon hopefully, then I can start to work out again if i can.
I hope then I will finally be able to lose more weight, than me being disabled laying in bed . I can't wait to move again.

Congrats Sevasti! That is quite an accomplishment!! I am so glad to hear that you are finally feeling better also :) Please keep us all updated on your progress!

Had the sleeve surgery on dec 14 2016 still all new to me. Was looking for anybody to share their journey with me...
I had my sleeve done Dec 20th 2016. My starting weight was 292, surgery weight 274 and current weight 262. Have my first wellness checkup tomorrow and I feel stronger everyday.

I had my sleeve done Dec 20th 2016. My starting weight was 292, surgery weight 274 and current weight 262. Have my first wellness checkup tomorrow and I feel stronger everyday.
That is great that you are feeling stronger everyday. I had bypass and it took a few weeks to get my strength back. Your weight loss is incredible. I'm averaging about 1 lb per day. Keep up the awesome work.

Back