• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 days Post-OP

Loops

Hello Friends,

I know three days is a bit short but wanted to update all of you on my progress. Drinking water has become easier just remember flavor burn out is real. I feel like I'm constantly sipping on some type of liquid, but I do enjoy the sugar free popsicles. Nausea has been under control and honestly have not had any pain meds all day today. Soar but not excruciating pain so stoped the narcotics. I'm moving around and managed to take a nap on my side without pain....YAY. I will say if they do not give you compression band at the hospital buy one off amazon. It is indispensable definitely minimizes abdomen soreness and provides stability. It has been a very tiring week for my husband which I find entertaining. He's been dealing with the kids all on his own mostly, but has complained to me about how tired he is. I actually laughed and said welcome to my world. He said and I quote "I think we need a nanny".....sigh.

Hello Friends,

I know three days is a bit short but wanted to update all of you on my progress. Drinking water has become easier just remember flavor burn out is real. I feel like I'm constantly sipping on some type of liquid, but I do enjoy the sugar free popsicles. Nausea has been under control and honestly have not had any pain meds all day today. Soar but not excruciating pain so stoped the narcotics. I'm moving around and managed to take a nap on my side without pain....YAY. I will say if they do not give you compression band at the hospital buy one off amazon. It is indispensable definitely minimizes abdomen soreness and provides stability. It has been a very tiring week for my husband which I find entertaining. He's been dealing with the kids all on his own mostly, but has complained to me about how tired he is. I actually laughed and said welcome to my world. He said and I quote "I think we need a nanny".....sigh.
I'll look into the compression band. Is that what I would search for on Amazon or does it go by another name? There seem to be A LOT of choices and I'm looking for something that won't just roll back down my abdomen! ;) Is there a type you'd recommend?

I'll look into the compression band. Is that what I would search for on Amazon or does it go by another name? There seem to be A LOT of choices and I'm looking for something that won't just roll back down my abdomen! ;) Is there a type you'd recommend?

try a sporting goods store where they sell weight-lifting equipment. There are a number of rubber belts that go around and stick with Velcro, and some even have "suspenders" so the belt stays in place instead of sliding down into your abdomen.

try a sporting goods store where they sell weight-lifting equipment. There are a number of rubber belts that go around and stick with Velcro, and some even have "suspenders" so the belt stays in place instead of sliding down into your abdomen.
p.s. my hospital sent me home with a belt on, which they provided. They didn't want me to suffer any strain or damage post-operatively. BUT ASK!!! it's totally important to have one unless you have laparoscopic surgery where only heated probes are inserted to cut away the stomach.

p.s. my hospital sent me home with a belt on, which they provided. They didn't want me to suffer any strain or damage post-operatively. BUT ASK!!! it's totally important to have one unless you have laparoscopic surgery where only heated probes are inserted to cut away the stomach.

My binder was laying on the operating table for me to lay on so when surgery was done, they velcroed me into it and I woke up with it already on. I'm so thankful for that, because the few times it's been off since, I was in so much more pain. And I had a laproscopic bypass on 3/22

My binder was laying on the operating table for me to lay on so when surgery was done, they velcroed me into it and I woke up with it already on. I'm so thankful for that, because the few times it's been off since, I was in so much more pain. And I had a laproscopic bypass on 3/22
I had my roux en y on 3/28 and the binder has been a saver. My nurse said to try to start going without it but it’s so much more comfortable with it on.

Back