• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 days post op

Had Roux en y 3 days ago.
Wondering how many people had changes to their taste buds?
Did anyone have to go home with a JP drain and if so, did it hurt to be removed?
When did you start to see results?
Hi, I had the RNY 3 1/2 months ago, definite taste change, have gone off anything sweet. Cannot tolerate protein shakes now. I had a drain, but it was removed before I came home and it did not hurt at all. I also had a feeding tube for 5 weeks. My results were slower than most on here, but I didn’t have the surgery for weight loss as such. I’m losing around 10lb a month. Have lost 62lb over the last 5 years, mainly through illness, have had 4 surgeries in the last 2 years. Fighting my way back to fitness!

Hi, I had the RNY 3 1/2 months ago, definite taste change, have gone off anything sweet. Cannot tolerate protein shakes now. I had a drain, but it was removed before I came home and it did not hurt at all. I also had a feeding tube for 5 weeks. My results were slower than most on here, but I didn’t have the surgery for weight loss as such. I’m losing around 10lb a month. Have lost 62lb over the last 5 years, mainly through illness, have had 4 surgeries in the last 2 years. Fighting my way back to fitness!
Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry you've had such a struggle but glad you're making progress! Very best of luck to you!

How are you feeling Julie? I hope much, much better now!
Hi Brenda, I’m doing okay thanks, moving about well. Very tired, but I suppose that is to be expected. The only thing is, I’m terrified of it happening again. I haven’t eaten much today, but I feel really bloated, and I’m really scared. But I’ll get over it, it’s just the shock I suppose. I know what to look for if it happens again.
Thanks for checking on me x

Back