• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 months postop!

upnorthmom-Some surgeons start their patients on protein drinks immediately after surgery and keep them on only these until they lose 70% or more of their excess weight. Most surgeons use the 4 meal plan phases that progress you from clear liquids to full liquids to pureed foods to soft foods until you can tolerate a "normal" diet (very low carb, low fat, no sugars).

The recommended protein requirement can be anywhere from 60 to 100 grams daily. Don't stress yourself out over someone else's diet requirements. I'm sure you were given a list of foods suitable for your surgery. Clarify your meal plan with your nutritionist but don't freak out about it. Anytime you hear information about meal plans, OTC meds or anything else you need to check with your own nutritionist or surgeon before making any changes to what you were told to do. There is a reason why we are told to do something a certain way and this will vary by surgeon based on his / her success rates and exactly how they did the surgery itself.

Lizzie, I am so sorry I took so long to reply. I've been extremely busy moving back to school and preparing to move into a new apartment. I seem to be feeling better I can actuly go out for more than 2 or 3 hours with out needing to sleep or just lay down. I seem to be eating less this past week. I had gotten sick a few times and every time I try to eat I feel nauchupious. Seemed to be doing better on that part the past few weeks. But I guess I'll take it. I went shopping today and bought a lot of pudding, Popsicles, and a few low fat icecream treats. From weightwatchers and skinny cow. So well see how that goes. Hopefully things are going better for you!

Hey, Trish,

I imagine school has started by now and I hope you're doing better.

Regardless, get yourself to a face-to-face support group pronto! The support here in this group is fabulous. However, it is not a substitute for a real time, face-to-face group of living breathing human beans.

Please check in. Let us know how you're doing.

Back