• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 weeks post sleeve surgery and in pain when bending. Need advice.

gibby4

I am 3 weeks post surgery for the sleeve. My pain was almost gone when I bent over to pick something up off the floor and felt horrible pain on the right side of my abdomen. You can feel beneath that incision a hard knot but not sure that's what it is. Now I can't bend over at all or the pain can become almost unbearable. Any ideas what this is? Thanks so much!

I am 3 weeks post surgery for the sleeve. My pain was almost gone when I bent over to pick something up off the floor and felt horrible pain on the right side of my abdomen. You can feel beneath that incision a hard knot but not sure that's what it is. Now I can't bend over at all or the pain can become almost unbearable. Any ideas what this is? Thanks so much!

You are healing. Take it slowly.

Talk to your surgeon about this.

Go in and be seen to make sure nothing is going on that shouldn't be happening.

Ralph

I did the same thing and had a knot also but now everything is fine the doctor said not to worry it is healing but I do recommend a abdominal binder it helped me so much!!!

Back