• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 Years Out - Looking for Support

MaxsMom

Hi Everyone.....New to the site and looking for a group specific to post op patients who are 1 or more years out.

My gastric sleeve was done on 6/7/18. My highest weight was 418 and my surgery weight was 397. The lowest I got down to was 268 and that was in March 2020. I am now 315 and really starting to struggle.

I am 54 years old and have been working from home due to COVID-19. I am beyond blessed to still be employed and healthy at this crazy time in the world. However, the past 18 months have taken a toll on me.

Aside from the obvious weight gain, there has been a battle of sorts going on inside me. I beat myself for the weight gain and for not being more active since I have been home.

I know the obvious steps I need to take to change my daily life and am doing that, but I am looking for a group of post op patients that might be experiencing the same struggles. Hoping I may be in the right place.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Thanks
Sheri

Attaching a before picture and me at my lowest weight of 268

Attachments

• received_393899405185404.jpeg
    received_393899405185404.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 65
You've come to the right place!! There's quite a few of us that are a year or more (some many more) out from their surgery date. Some are doing great at keeping at their weight and some (myself included) have been struggling. So, I think you will find you are not alone and will get lots of support and tips along the way.

That's an amazing before and after! If you haven't already, perhaps pin that up on your fridge with the words "I can do this! I've done it before and I can do it again!"

Wishing you all the best and look forward to getting to know you better.

You've come to the right place!! There's quite a few of us that are a year or more (some many more) out from their surgery date. Some are doing great at keeping at their weight and some (myself included) have been struggling. So, I think you will find you are not alone and will get lots of support and tips along the way.

That's an amazing before and after! If you haven't already, perhaps pin that up on your fridge with the words "I can do this! I've done it before and I can do it again!"

Wishing you all the best and look forward to getting to know you better.

Thank you so much ! I have not put it on my fridge, but it's going up there!

It has been a crazy world for the last year and half. It is no wonder people are struggling. This is a place where you will find support and encouragement. Forgive yourself, we are harder on ourselves than anyone else could be. With that in mind persistence and perseverance will get you back to where you want to be.

Back