• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 yrs post op gastric bypass - is this my life now :(

Isabel

Im 3 years post op and i always feel terrible,
i have good days but most i feel like my stomach always hurts or is weird. IS THIS MY LIFE NOW.. i'm afraid to eat anything new.

I am very careful what i eat most of the time , eat small meal , don't drink and eat and chew very well. I need help.. i never joined any support groups.

Sometimes i get dumping in the morning with coffee and sugar free cream?? is that normal i mean my heart rate is usually 50-60 roughly and it goes up to 130 , felt dizzy and couldn't concentrate , i'm terrified i will eventually give myself a heart attack with the dumping. (someone told me once my sugar can be to low to eat something)?

I have pain on my right side under ribs radiating back sometimes to the front dr says they don't know what it is they think its my back, i've had liver test , kidney test and nothing is wrong i had a gallbladder removed so its not that, i just worried that its something else

I know this is a long post so if any one can help

I’m not a doctor, but some of your symptoms sound like reactive hyperglycemia. I would go to your doctor and bring it up and test your sugar level the next time you feel like that.

Isabel, this sounds like no fun at all! I have been greatly helped by a doctor in Florida you can find on youtube by searching "Dr. Lonnie Herman"... he is amazing! He specializes in treating chronic diseases of all sorts. Interesting how they all seem to be connected. Also, since you mentioned coffee, I know that can be an irritant to a lot of us because of the high acid content. Well I found acid free coffee! No kidding, if you like coffee you can actually drink it now without any pain! What a blessing to be sure... here's where I found it, Tyler's Acid Free Coffee - Caffeinated. Take care!

Im 3 years post op and i always feel terrible,
i have good days but most i feel like my stomach always hurts or is weird. IS THIS MY LIFE NOW.. i'm afraid to eat anything new.

I am very careful what i eat most of the time , eat small meal , don't drink and eat and chew very well. I need help.. i never joined any support groups.

Sometimes i get dumping in the morning with coffee and sugar free cream?? is that normal i mean my heart rate is usually 50-60 roughly and it goes up to 130 , felt dizzy and couldn't concentrate , i'm terrified i will eventually give myself a heart attack with the dumping. (someone told me once my sugar can be to low to eat something)?

I have pain on my right side under ribs radiating back sometimes to the front dr says they don't know what it is they think its my back, i've had liver test , kidney test and nothing is wrong i had a gallbladder removed so its not that, i just worried that its something else

I know this is a long post so if any one can help
Hi,
I'm new here too. Have you seen a gastroenterologist? I was having awful pains too and it turned out to be an ulcer. As far as dumping, I still get it from time to time. Plus I get dizzy and nauseous every day. Its a tough ride and I'm hoping things improve.

Back