• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 Months since I have had my weight loss surgery!

:) I am so happy that I went forward and got the surgery done. Today I am 101 lbs weight lost since I had the surgery and I am loving every minute of it.

To everyone that has had the surgery done, I am new and I am taking any request and the reason I say is because I would like to hear other success stories and how things are coming along as well as some encouragement. I have a great support team now but I would to talk to others that is going through this or has been out for a while and is still going strong. You can find me on facebook or you can email me @jenkins.regeania@gmail.com.

WOW 101 lbs in less than 5 months. That is fantastic. I don't have a success story, still waiting for surgery, but if I can do half as good as you that will be great.

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss. I sent you a friend request on FB. I am just a little over a week away till my surgery date!!

Grats Grats and grats !!! I hope i can do as well as You have.

Thank you so much, it has not been easy but my determination is what is keeping me going. I get up in the mornings and walk, I only eat baked, broil, and steamed foods. I have not went back to the things I use to do at all. And then my church people has been a great blessing to me. And believe me when I say it do take all that and some to even pass the first month but you will be great so don't say hope you will just know you will.

Congrats I am so happy for you and I know you will do just fine in your weight loss because you are not as heavy as I am so when it is done let me know and we can encourage one another!!

You will be fine, once you see those first couple of pounds come off you will be just like me and want to make sure you keep it off. Congrats and you will do fine!!

Regeania hi and welcome to this chat room, & CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT YOU'LL BE AT YOUR GOAL WEIGHT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. YOUR'S IS THE FIRST STORY I HAVE READ WHERE SOMEONE LOST SO MUCH SO FAST, I PRAY THE SAME HAPPENS FOR ME, STILL WAITING FOR MY SURGERY DATE, IT'S BEEN FIVE WEEKS SINCE I SAW THE SURGEON. I HAD ALL MY TEST DONE BY 4THOF APRIL AND STILL NO SURGERY DATE YET.
I KNOW YOU MUST BE SMILING AND PRAISING GOD FOR EACH AND EVERY POUND THAT'S CAME AND GONE, I KNOW GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH THIS, I'M ALSO HAVING MAJOR HERNIA REPAIRS DONE THE SAME TIME FOR MY WHOLE STOMACH IS HERNIATED THIS WILL BE MY THIRD HERNIA SURGERY AND HOPEFULLY THE LAST AND AM ANXIOUS TO GET MY W/L SURGERY PRAYING IT HAPPENS IN JULY PLEASE AGREE INPRAYER WITH ME. GLAD YOU TOO HAVE A GREAT SUPPORT TEAM WITH YOUR CHURCH. MY CHURCH IS AWESOME TOO.
BLESSINGS TO YOU
DONNA

Thank you so much for posting your sucess, I,m still waiting for my surgery but it sometimes get a little scary hearing about all the things that go wrong, I know its a battle but I also have faith in God and praying church family too help me through, Keep up the good work and hopefully we can be comparing sucess soon.
Sandra Cooke

:) I am so happy that I went forward and got the surgery done. Today I am 101 lbs weight lost since I had the surgery and I am loving every minute of it.

WOOO HOOOO Thats Awesome!!! Ive had surgery 2 months and a few days ago and I'm down 60lbs!! Congrats on your weight loss that is so awesome!!! Ive also stayed away from the old things that i used to eat, thou sometimes its not that easy and i struggle with food some days I'm doing well and I love the fact that my weight is gone forever!!

My RNY was done 2/27/12. I have lost 57 pounds since the surgery but a total of 65 pounds since the beginning of the year. Last week the nutritionist said I was exactly where I should be at as far as the amount of weight I should have lost so far. That made me feel better because I thought I was losing too slow. There was a time period that I didn't lose any weight for almost one month but the weight loss started again.

The amount of weight everyone loses depends on how much they weigh, how active they are and how well they follow the meal plan. Everyone can't expect to lose 100 pounds in 3 or 4 months. Whatever amount you lose, be grateful. We did not gain our weight overnight and will not lose it overnight.

Hi Regeania,

I had my surgery a day before you and I am down 87 pounds since surgery, you are doing amazing. I can hardly wait to reach 100 (from surgery), I am down 105 total as my Dr. required me to lose some weight before surgery. What an awesome accomplishment. Feels great to be going down. I am loving it and I don't miss the food that I use to eat. I will friend you on facebook...

Back