• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 weeks after surgery

Annette

Hello everyone. I am going into my 5th week after surgery for gastric sleeve. Boy I need ideas for different shakes and mushy foods.

These are my favorite foods I ate after my 3rd week of surgery

Vanilla shakes with Rasberry Crystal Light. I never put the whole packet of Crystal Light in or I found it too strong.

Scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa

Tuna or Salmon with light Miracle Whip spread on a cracker.

Applesauce with Cottage cheese.

Flakey cooked white fish

Cooked Sweet Potato (one potato sliced into 4-6 portions)

Cheyenne

Cream of wheat was good for me with added strawberry protein powder (some are concerned about carbs but in a 2 oz portion carbs is not a real concern or wasn't for me)

Sugar free pudding with added protein powder was a treat

Mild white fish tilapia was great too

Chocolate protein powder with 1/3 of a banana and peanut butter with some ice ...

Egg whites with some cooked veggies

Strawberry protein powder with frozen mixed fruit and ice..
I cooked my favorite veggies and then put them thru the bullet and put them in 4 oz plastic cups with lids that I got from the restaurant supply store( you know the ones that when you order food to go or salad they always but your sauces & dressings in) I would keep a few in the refig and put the rest in the freezer.

I would spoon them over mashed potatoes or on my scrambled eggs... I would also make to go already cooked egg whites and store them in the containers so if I wanted to go somewhere I could just grab them out of the refig and go and either eat them cold or heat them over friends or relatives or at work.... I used the smaller 2 oz ones for applesauce and cottage cheese and used them as to go meals even strain cream of chicken soup ... Just took a ramkin with me to use for transferring to use in the microwave....

Back