• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

48 hours to go……..

Ask your doctor if you can take fiber laxative, although it usually takes a day or two to work. I had constipation really bad. Nothing would move and it just backed up into a huge stool. The entire story is horrifying and painful. There are modern medications that can help you. As to the hunger, I think that's just a natural part of it all and you'll just have to suffer. Thank goodness your procedure isn't far off.

Ask your doctor if you can take fiber laxative, although it usually takes a day or two to work. I had constipation really bad. Nothing would move and it just backed up into a huge stool. The entire story is horrifying and painful. There are modern medications that can help you. As to the hunger, I think that's just a natural part of it all and you'll just have to suffer. Thank goodness your procedure isn't far off.
The full dose of Milk of Magnesia cleared me out until I realized that hydration is everything. The only way that stool can remain soft and moving is through hydration. When I slack off I get constipated.

This would be a good thing to discuss with your doctor or nutritionist about. Milk of Magnesia is chemical-based. Your surgery is not. Your body has gone through trauma and major change. At the very least, a medical professional should be consulted before adding anything to your digestive system, especially because you really don't know what's in Milk of Magnesia or Pepto Bismol.

Back