• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

49lbs down and preparing for knee surgery

Ange6012

Hi All, sorry I've been MIA. Been getting ready and scheduling appts so I can be set for my knee replacement.
Trying to get my mom set with her followup with her drs before I go. Dealing with this pain is horrid. Hopefully this will be the last surgery from the car hit and I will be able to start living my life pain free.
Anyway, I am down 49 lbs and I love it. Yes I still feel my face is drooping but guess what? I'm ok with it. I have started a skin care regimen,, I moisturize in the morning and night.
I am patiently (not) waiting for my 50lb goal, I bought myself a pair of Cz studs that I will begin wearing at my 50lb loss. I don't wear jewelry, just my wedding and engagement rings. Well no more engagement ring it flies off. My wedding ring is now on my pointer finger. I was told not to get them fixed until I'm at my final goal.
I've been trying to give myself non food gifts 75lb I will buy a single strand of pearls with the matching earrings :)
Except for my pain, I feel great! I'm happy I got this surgery. I have been dealing with some dumping, but this is part of learning with this new life! But overall I'm so happy and healthy and I have been medically cleared for surgery.
My only issue, my surgeon has moved to another hospital and hasn't started seeing patients yet. I'm not sure if I should see another Dr at the same hosp or wait for him.

Glad to hear you're doing well and have your knee replaced soon. And just think k about how much easier rehab will be when you're down 50lbs. My moms knee surgeon said its 4lbs of pressure off for every 1lb lost.

I like your idea of planning non food rewards for major milestones! What a great idea to have them planned out. Its like a double incentive

Glad to hear you're doing well and have your knee replaced soon. And just think k about how much easier rehab will be when you're down 50lbs. My moms knee surgeon said its 4lbs of pressure off for every 1lb lost.

I like your idea of planning non food rewards for major milestones! What a great idea to have them planned out. Its like a double incentive
Thanks so much! I hit my 50 today!! Earrings are in!!

Hi All, sorry I've been MIA. Been getting ready and scheduling appts so I can be set for my knee replacement.
Trying to get my mom set with her followup with her drs before I go. Dealing with this pain is horrid. Hopefully this will be the last surgery from the car hit and I will be able to start living my life pain free.
Anyway, I am down 49 lbs and I love it. Yes I still feel my face is drooping but guess what? I'm ok with it. I have started a skin care regimen,, I moisturize in the morning and night.
I am patiently (not) waiting for my 50lb goal, I bought myself a pair of Cz studs that I will begin wearing at my 50lb loss. I don't wear jewelry, just my wedding and engagement rings. Well no more engagement ring it flies off. My wedding ring is now on my pointer finger. I was told not to get them fixed until I'm at my final goal.
I've been trying to give myself non food gifts 75lb I will buy a single strand of pearls with the matching earrings :)
Except for my pain, I feel great! I'm happy I got this surgery. I have been dealing with some dumping, but this is part of learning with this new life! But overall I'm so happy and healthy and I have been medically cleared for surgery.
My only issue, my surgeon has moved to another hospital and hasn't started seeing patients yet. I'm not sure if I should see another Dr at the same hosp or wait for him.
Yay you! Congrats on losing 49 lbs already. Woohoo!!! I love your nonfood rewards also. My big reward if (oops) WHEN I hit my final weight-loss goal is a tattoo. My 1st & prob only one but hey, it beats celebrating with cake or a hot fudge sundae lol.

Good luck with your knee replacement. ❤❤

Yay you! Congrats on losing 49 lbs already. Woohoo!!! I love your nonfood rewards also. My big reward if (oops) WHEN I hit my final weight-loss goal is a tattoo. My 1st & prob only one but hey, it beats celebrating with cake or a hot fudge sundae lol.

Good luck with your knee replacement. ❤❤
That‘s a great idea, Karen! I have multiple tattoos and I never thought of that, haha! What would you get?

Congrats on your weight loss. I like the idea of gifts at milestones. A good incentive.❤️

Back