• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

5 days until my 1 year Bariatric Bypass anniversay!

Ange6012

Hi All,

I know I have been MIA for quite a while, so much life happening.
Well I am almost 1 year post op and I have to say.....I AM SO HAPPY I DID THIS!
I am 78 pounds down, 167lbs, in a size 12 pants, a size large shirt and I cannot believe how good I feel.
Since starting prenatal vitamins my hair is improving! My only issue is vitamin D so I am on prescription D 1x per week. We will see! I eat and enjoy food now! I am free of the guilt. But know now it's totally up to me what happens!
Water has never been a gave of mine but I am now drinking 60-100 oz of water per day. Everything I do is sugar free or low sugar. I'm not much of a bread eater and pasta has always been a once in a while thing. I love rice but my body still does not. I thought it was just a lapband thing but no. I still throw it up.
My knee is still healing but I do move better and the pain is better. I have accommodated my movements for so long I don't even know if I'm doing better but I'm always trying and pushing.
People notice all the time my weightloss and believe it or not I get embarrassed with the reactions.
My son bought my a gold chain and cross for mother's day in an 18 inch chain! We could not believe it fit!
Looking forward to doing some reading here on the forum today!

Congratulations!! You are doing an amazing job! I'm so happy to hear you feel great and your knee continues to improve! I'm at a lower weight loss total than you are, one year out, but I still feel good. I was in for my one year post-op appt and adding back in more D and iron supplements but everything else in my bloodwork is good. Since I've been on such a long stall, PA added wegovy injections. I'll take the second one this week. When I was on Ozempic previously, it made a positive impact so I'm hopeful this will jump start my metabolism again. I stopped the Ozempic because I wanted to see what my blood glucose and A1C was without it. Since I'm no longer pre-diabetic, I couldn't restart Ozempic since it is approved for diabetes and not weightloss, but Wegovy is. It's a journey and it's all been pretty good since surgery! Take care! You look great!!

Congratulations!! You are doing an amazing job! I'm so happy to hear you feel great and your knee continues to improve! I'm at a lower weight loss total than you are, one year out, but I still feel good. I was in for my one year post-op appt and adding back in more D and iron supplements but everything else in my bloodwork is good. Since I've been on such a long stall, PA added wegovy injections. I'll take the second one this week. When I was on Ozempic previously, it made a positive impact so I'm hopeful this will jump start my metabolism again. I stopped the Ozempic because I wanted to see what my blood glucose and A1C was without it. Since I'm no longer pre-diabetic, I couldn't restart Ozempic since it is approved for diabetes and not weightloss, but Wegovy is. It's a journey and it's all been pretty good since surgery! Take care! You look great!!
Such good news! I hope all you are doing continue to bring you down your path successfully!!

Hi All,

I know I have been MIA for quite a while, so much life happening.
Well I am almost 1 year post op and I have to say.....I AM SO HAPPY I DID THIS!
I am 78 pounds down, 167lbs, in a size 12 pants, a size large shirt and I cannot believe how good I feel.
Since starting prenatal vitamins my hair is improving! My only issue is vitamin D so I am on prescription D 1x per week. We will see! I eat and enjoy food now! I am free of the guilt. But know now it's totally up to me what happens!
Water has never been a gave of mine but I am now drinking 60-100 oz of water per day. Everything I do is sugar free or low sugar. I'm not much of a bread eater and pasta has always been a once in a while thing. I love rice but my body still does not. I thought it was just a lapband thing but no. I still throw it up.
My knee is still healing but I do move better and the pain is better. I have accommodated my movements for so long I don't even know if I'm doing better but I'm always trying and pushing.
People notice all the time my weightloss and believe it or not I get embarrassed with the reactions.
My son bought my a gold chain and cross for mother's day in an 18 inch chain! We could not believe it fit!
Looking forward to doing some reading here on the forum today!
I love your comment about an 18 inch chain, I have had the same situation. Do you find you are eating a little more than 4 oz of food at your meals?

Back