• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Amberlyn

Hi, i am new to this site but reading your comments and suggestions have been very helpful. I am scheduled for surgery in july but i am preparing myself in advance.
Today i need some advice for my niece who had the surgery 5 weeks ago and is struggling. She admitted to being a food addict and is having trouble dealing with not having the control she needs to be successful . Any suggestions?

The mindful eating counseling I go to brings up a lot of concerns about how we started with the food obsession once she taps into why she feels she needs to control the eating it will become easier to her.
If her insurance will approve it I would recommend getting counseling this is a new mindset, new life and we can't do this alone even with family support we still need that professional opinion, I hope this helps good luck niece and congrats on taking the step to better lifestyle

Back