• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 Days and a Wake

TillieS

Well I am starting to get nervous. Lol it hit me all at once that this is finally going to happen. I am excited and nervous all rolled into one. I am starting to pack my bag. I guess the last thing that I will pack besides my toothbrush is this laptop. Any suggestions? Any advice? I am doing good with my liver shrinking diet. I hate that i had to give up my hot tea. I have always been a tea drinker. My grand dad on my father's side was from Great Britain and they grew up having "tea" time. Well we grew up that way as well oh well it is now over but, it is for an excellent cause. This is going to be one short week lol. :eek::)

Well I am starting to get nervous. Lol it hit me all at once that this is finally going to happen. I am excited and nervous all rolled into one. I am starting to pack my bag. I guess the last thing that I will pack besides my toothbrush is this laptop. Any suggestions? Any advice? I am doing good with my liver shrinking diet. I hate that i had to give up my hot tea. I have always been a tea drinker. My grand dad on my father's side was from Great Britain and they grew up having "tea" time. Well we grew up that way as well oh well it is now over but, it is for an excellent cause. This is going to be one short week lol. :eek::)

Take a deep breath and relax..... It is normal to have all of the mixed emotions. I do not know if you remember me telling everyone the morning we were heading out to surgery I told my husband that I had changed my mind and to turn around and take me home.... He chuckled and told me I'd be fine..

Can you have decaff tea? If so go for it. I was allowed decaf. tea during my pre-surgical diet and that habit has continued on, :)...

I love the Chia spiced tea and the whole Bigelow line of decaf. especially the Lady Grey and the Constant Comment decaf.

DO not forget to pack a warm set of slippers(I hate the hospital sockie things, not warm enough for me), PJ bottoms..

YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!!!!

Stinkerbelle,

Thanks and I do remember you telling us about the morning of your surgery. I called the nurse navigator and unless it is like a green tea not the ones in bottles I can't have tea. She explained to me that teas and some coffee's have something in them that causes the body not to absorb nutrients. So unless I start liking green tea (yuck) or no tea for me. :-( Who knows I may like it after surgery. I have my pj bottoms all lined up and socks and slippers. I may take my uggs to walk in lol. I have seen and heard of spiced chai tea I just can't do some of the spices. My husband bought me one of the keuorig machines and I have seen many different teas for it that I would love to try if decaffed. Thanks again.

TillieS

I'm wishing you such good luck with your surgery. You will be in my thoughts! And yes, as far as I know, coffee is out, at least for my surgeon it is.

I love tea but only black tea, the other kinds taste funny to me. We have always drank it with milk and sugar, which I was told is the English way. My paternal grandmother was from England. I didnt have to give up tea, I'm really glad. It's funny how every sugeon has his own thing of getting ready for surgery. Good Luck to you, Tillie!

Cheyenne

Does that mean if I get my surgery, coffee is out? For how long/

It all depends on your surgeon.. ask him. Seems like most surgeons all have different ideas. I didn't have to give up coffee or tea, but then again I do hate the taste and smell of coffee but I do love tea.

Stinkerbelle,

Thanks and I do remember you telling us about the morning of your surgery. I called the nurse navigator and unless it is like a green tea not the ones in bottles I can't have tea. She explained to me that teas and some coffee's have something in them that causes the body not to absorb nutrients. So unless I start liking green tea (yuck) or no tea for me. :-( Who knows I may like it after surgery. I have my pj bottoms all lined up and socks and slippers. I may take my uggs to walk in lol. I have seen and heard of spiced chai tea I just can't do some of the spices. My husband bought me one of the keuorig machines and I have seen many different teas for it that I would love to try if decaffed. Thanks again.

TillieS
My oh my, what would your English grandfather say about tea from a keurig machine????

I am so excited for you Tillie, I have a friend who is set for Thursday...and she is a big coffee drinker her surgeon told her no coffee but tea would be ok limited to 10oz a day. You will love green tea give it a chance...my family is from France and tea and wine are meal time staples, so giving up tea, and coffee would be a difficult sacrifice for me...but so is giving up walks with my grand children because I am too out of breathe...there is a reson for the journey we have chosen and with every journey sacrifices have to be made for the greater victory. So you give up tea for a little while, and live to drink tea with your great great grand children...all things possible in God.

Stinkerbelle,

TillieS

LOL, I love my UGG boots too. I did not think to take them with my, LOL. As cold as I was I'd have most likely fell asleep with them on, :).

Keurigs rock. You can find all sorts of herb teas, apple cider and such, :)...

Ohh and if you are walking about in UGGs and PJ's you must post a picture, ;)...

I am NOT a fan of green teas either, :(... Ick

YUP 3 days and a wake..........

Oh yeah so gonna take my Uggs!!! lol got a hello kitty blanket that may go too!!!

Back