• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 days post op

kim smith

New to this place but thought it could be helpful for support.

I am overall feeling pretty good, just very tired and don't really have much energy! Today I had an ounce of cottage cheese, not supposed to but I just couldn't take it. I'm tired of shakes and broth! I am down 11.4 lbs which I am excited about, but feel like if I moved more I would feel much better just so tired!

Hi...I am also a week post op...dont have the desire to eat...still VERY SORE!!..NOOOOOO ENERGY!!...AT ALL!!...Im 8 lbs down...TIRED OF BROTH AND MEAL REPLACEMENTS!!..Have you eaten any solids??

Oh dear! Did you have the sleeve? Or the RNY? I had the sleeve as I was nervous about the other. Today I had an ounce of cottage cheese.. I think I ate it to fast and have been sort of off pretty much since! I am currently trying to drink my shake but I sort of hurt. And yes I am sick of shakes and broth also

I'm 3 weeks out and still am not allowed solids. I can have full liquids for one more week then I can move on to pureed foods. Yes, I'm so sick of shakes, but the first week and a half was the hardest. Try your best not to cheat. This is challenging in a good way. Time to teach ourselves good habits about not giving into tempting foods.

Wow.. I can't believe you are still on liquids. I was only on liquids for 7 days. Today started on watery foods like cottage cheese, applesauce, tuna.. my first day on that plan and have done pretty well. Not hungry at all takes me awhile to it though! Hope you are doing well after surgery!

Wow.. I can't believe you are still on liquids. I was only on liquids for 7 days. Today started on watery foods like cottage cheese, applesauce, tuna.. my first day on that plan and have done pretty well. Not hungry at all takes me awhile to it though! Hope you are doing well after surgery!
I also had to wait weeks to eat something other than shakes, every hospital does it differently, I'm glad all went well for you, it is tough in the beginning but then it gets so much better, I had the bypass in December. I started my journey in April of last year and have lost 104#, so far, still have another 30# to reach my goal, and then the real work starts by keeping it off, good luck with your journey

Hi,
I am a week post op and holding up with the shakes. Ive started incorporating fruit. I am having some depression issues since surgery. Anyone have this?

I am overall feeling pretty good, just very tired and don't really have much energy! Today I had an ounce of cottage cheese, not supposed to but I just couldn't take it. I'm tired of shakes and broth! I am down 11.4 lbs which I am excited about, but feel like if I moved more I would feel much better just so tired!

Hi Kim... I'm 8 days post op. I know how you feel. I'm tired of soft foods too but have been "good" so far. I really think that any walking you can do will help you feel less tired. If you're up to it give it a try, even a little.

Hi Kim... I'm 8 days post op. I know how you feel. I'm tired of soft foods too but have been "good" so far. I really think that any walking you can do will help you feel less tired. If you're up to it give it a try, even a little.

I have been walking and am on stage 2 foods. Not so bad, my only issue now is pain in my right side and back and it's making me crazy.

Hi,
I am a week post op and holding up with the shakes. Ive started incorporating fruit. I am having some depression issues since surgery. Anyone have this?
I bet alot have it at first, you are at the point where you ask yourself why did I do this, but in another week or two, you will be so glad you did do it, I know right after I had my surgery I was second guessing myself but now I I am so happy I did it

I am 14, and 10 days out from surgery and i couldnt take much more so i stopped the protien drinks and started having cottage cheese which is alot of protein. One ounce of cottage cheese is actually more than one ounce of pretein shake! My docter also told me to try salmon, or white fish, and i tried a tiny 1 ounce meatball. I mash the meatball and eat it slowly. Hope this helps!

I am 14, and 10 days out from surgery and i couldnt take much more so i stopped the protien drinks and started having cottage cheese which is alot of protein. One ounce of cottage cheese is actually more than one ounce of pretein shake! My docter also told me to try salmon, or white fish, and i tried a tiny 1 ounce meatball. I mash the meatball and eat it slowly. Hope this helps!
The premier shakes are good and 30 grams of protein per shake. The amount of protein is very important, you don't want to lose muscle while you lose your weight, you don't want to be a skinny weakling lol

The premier shakes are good and 30 grams of protein per shake. The amount of protein is very important, you don't want to lose muscle while you lose your weight, you don't want to be a skinny weakling lol
I know, i watch everything i have and i take vitamins 4 times a day! I have alot of protien all day but i dont have the protien drink, i couldnt take it after 1 week.

hi are you two weeks post op. if ok then pureed foods including cottage cheese are ok in small moderation. i purchsed measuring cups for each meant simplify things. if you are less than two weeks post off than liquids only. has you appetite decreased at all post of

Hello I am 12 days post op, my surgery was on July 6,2017 and i'm feeling pretty good, but i'm on the Liquid puree diet and frankly I gag every time I have to drink another protein drink, but i'm trying to find websites that have high protein shake recipes but I can't find any, I mean that are meant for the bariatric patients like us so if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I just placed a order on this website for some shakes and puddings hopefully they will help, but I hope you are feeling better, I tried eating a little and that didn't help all it did was make me run to the bathroom and well you know dump...lol

Hello I am 12 days post op, my surgery was on July 6,2017 and i'm feeling pretty good, but i'm on the Liquid puree diet and frankly I gag every time I have to drink another protein drink, but i'm trying to find websites that have high protein shake recipes but I can't find any, I mean that are meant for the bariatric patients like us so if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I just placed a order on this website for some shakes and puddings hopefully they will help, but I hope you are feeling better, I tried eating a little and that didn't help all it did was make me run to the bathroom and well you know dump...lol
The premier shakes are really good, I think so anyway and I buy the premade ones, a friend gave me protein powder and that was yucky, so now I'm afraid to try any other kinds

Hi,
Hi Elisha. Hopefully you are still hanging around here. I noticed no one responded to your post and I apologize. I just now noticed it. How is your depression going? I had some after my surgery and still deal with it occassionally. Mine is because of my food addiction and not being able to satisfy it. Also, be careful about eating too much fruit. We are supposed to be eating a high protein/low carb diet. Fruit is full of carbs because of the fructose. It was stopping my weight loss because I thought I was doing something healthy. Don't want you to have the problems I've had. Let me know how you are doing!!! :)

For some reason I not getting email alerts but I still should have noticed your post myself. I suffer from depression for traumatic reasons and it's feared that it'll get worse after surgery. I would rather be a healthy nut. Me losing weight would definitely be one less thing to feel bad about. My advice for people with depression is find a middle ground of understanding why you're feeling this way. I don't know of I even make sense. But try to say ok, im depressed cause the surgery changed my chemical balance to my emotions. Try not to put yourself down. I think that's the middle ground because if you were to fully understand you would probably snap out of it. If it were the other extreme youd need more support than you're accepting. Ok...so I'm a nut. :p:rolleyes:

For some reason I not getting email alerts but I still should have noticed your post myself. I suffer from depression for traumatic reasons and it's feared that it'll get worse after surgery. I would rather be a healthy nut. Me losing weight would definitely be one less thing to feel bad about. My advice for people with depression is find a middle ground of understanding why you're feeling this way. I don't know of I even make sense. But try to say ok, im depressed cause the surgery changed my chemical balance to my emotions. Try not to put yourself down. I think that's the middle ground because if you were to fully understand you would probably snap out of it. If it were the other extreme youd need more support than you're accepting. Ok...so I'm a nut. :p:rolleyes:
I'm a nut too, who isn't anymore, welcome to the club, and hopefully the bariatric club, good luck

Back