• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 days post op

Hello, I am new to this site also. I am on each week out and can't get liquids down well, feels like when I swallow and they go down it hits a rock. Like everyone I am so tired of broth, jello, and shakes. no energy at all.

This is the worst it will get, believe me, once your Dr allows you to eat more solids you will feel much better and then you will start shrinking, it is tough in the very beginning, you might even be thinking, why did I do this to my self?, But you will be so happy once you get over this part of it

I don't regret the surgery I just never thought it would be this hard. I am struggling getting any protein in and then enough fluid. I am trying to keep my head up just struggling. I appreciate the support.

I don't regret the surgery I just never thought it would be this hard. I am struggling getting any protein in and then enough fluid. I am trying to keep my head up just struggling. I appreciate the support.
I promise it will get much easier, I do remember feeling the same way you do, but you got this, I know you can do it, and about the sleeping, your body is in healing mode, it should also get better, but if it doesn't I would talk to your Dr. You should be going back to your Dr soon, I would ask him then, good luck

I'm having a hard time getting in all the fluids in Im supposed to. I'm only supposed to take a few sips at a time every five minutes so I don't see how I can get it all in

My doctor said at first to just focus on healing for the first couple weeks. She wasn't too concerned about protein just yet because she understood the difficulty.

Oh dear! Did you have the sleeve? Or the RNY? I had the sleeve as I was nervous about the other. Today I had an ounce of cottage cheese.. I think I ate it to fast and have been sort of off pretty much since! I am currently trying to drink my shake but I sort of hurt. And yes I am sick of shakes and broth also

Hey there! I am 5 days out. I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not too sore actually. I have been struggling to be able to get my 64 oz in even. I couldn't even imagine eatting! Did your Dr ok you having solids? Just curious because I am on liquids ONLY for 2 weeks... then I can add other things gradually.

Hello, I am new to this site also. I am on each week out and can't get liquids down well, feels like when I swallow and they go down it hits a rock. Like everyone I am so tired of broth, jello, and shakes. no energy at all.

Me too.... I'm struggling getting all my fluids in. I'm 5 days out today and I had the sleeve. Which surgery did you have? I feel the same way you described. It is getting better though each day.

Oh question sleeping is a problem, is this just me or common. I have no energy to move but then I can't sleep.
I am 5 days out-no pain-no gas-walking around house and out to porch> Problem is that I laydown to rest but can't sleep. Last night I slept-it was 1st night out off hospital. In many ways
I feel good-but understand I do need to put down more liquids. So post the good and remember we did this for a good reason

My doctor said at first to just focus on healing for the first couple weeks. She wasn't too concerned about protein just yet because she understood the difficulty.
using premier protein clear drink-it is flavored & has 20gm protein. That plus my chocolate drink in the AM with 30 gm protein-I am almost there.
Then I've added beef broth (4oz) for supper. (In my mind- it is the most tender roast beef I've had) Add it up-I do need to add another 18 oz.
or so for daily goal. It's not a race-its the set-up for the race

Back