• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 Month Post-Op Visit

Lillian

Throughout my life I have not had issues with comparing myself to others however, last month I have struggled. In September I visited my son in Cocoa, Fl. It was a wonderful visit but he indicated he was surprised I had not lost more weight because his sister in law sleeve surgery was 2 month after mine and she has lost over 100 lbs. I can tell you have lost some weight but she looks gorgeous. My daughter in law and her mother made similar comments during my visit.

I completely realize comparing my journey to someone else in any area of my life is futile and unproductive. My logic and thoughts or emotions are in conflict. I am genuinely happy for other people's success and progress. I am making progress and lost 70lb s in the past 6 months. Tomorrow is my 6 month post RNY gastric bypass surgery and I really don't want to comparing my progress to others during the visit.

Just venting my though process.
Lillian

Lillian you should be so proud of yourself for everything that you have accomplished this far!!! 70lbs is a HUGE weight loss!! I know it is hard to try and not compare ourselves to everyone else around, but don't forget how far you have already come. Everyone makes progress on their own time. Stick to the Dr.'s recommended diet and exercise plan and I'm sure that you will continue to see the weight fall off!! Please keep us all updated on your progress Lillian. We're all rooting for you!!! :D

Throughout my life I have not had issues with comparing myself to others however, last month I have struggled. In September I visited my son in Cocoa, Fl. It was a wonderful visit but he indicated he was surprised I had not lost more weight because his sister in law sleeve surgery was 2 month after mine and she has lost over 100 lbs. I can tell you have lost some weight but she looks gorgeous. My daughter in law and her mother made similar comments during my visit.

I completely realize comparing my journey to someone else in any area of my life is futile and unproductive. My logic and thoughts or emotions are in conflict. I am genuinely happy for other people's success and progress. I am making progress and lost 70lb s in the past 6 months. Tomorrow is my 6 month post RNY gastric bypass surgery and I really don't want to comparing my progress to others during the visit.

Lillian

Dear Lillian,
Please do not take the inconsiderate comments from your friends or family to heart. Sometimes people say things out of jealousy. You are doing GREAT!!!! 70 lbs. is a great accomplishment.

Lillian
Lillian, I'm sorry your family didn't think before talking. 70 lbs is AWESOME!!! Just keep doing what you are doing and try not to compare yourself to anyone else. Heck, she may reach a plateau while you keep losing. Stay positive.

Back