• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 months of appointments ✔️

jzaccari

I finally hit my 6 month mark and am awaiting insurance approval! My surgeon is optimistic he can schedule early next month once the approval comes back. I have my instructions for the post op liquid diet. I would love any input on specific brands/flavors of protein shakes you like? I want to make sure I am prepared for this diet, so please share any advice, products, or even books you have found to be helpful. Thanks!

Hi, J and welcome. I also like the Fairlife chocolate shakes. I also buy the Elevation protein powders from Aldi, in both chocolate and vanilla. I like to mix up flavors, rootbeer float, dreamsicle, banana chocolate, etc so the powders work for me.

I ate with a baby spoon after surgery, to remind myself to take small bites. I also bought small food containers, both to meal prep and to eat out of. I prefer 1/2 cup size. It makes measuring, tracking and meal prep super easy. Ask if they give you an abdominal binder at the hospital. If not, I would highly recommend one. It was my favorite thing after surgery. Good luck.

I like Optimum nutrition powders for the shakes - Costco just had a sale on them in January, so 80 servings (of 25 G protein each) was about $35 - all they had was vanilla and chocholate, but they are pretty good, and cheaper than the Premier Protein drinks (which are also good, and I have to grab quick if I need them on the way out the door to work-). I also got some unflavored protein powder- Isopure brand, on line, which I had been planning to mix in with other foods, but have not experimented with that one much yet.

14 years ago, I bought these by the case at Fred Meyer.

Instead of getting the small ones, I got a case at a time of the big ones. I cut them in half and ate one half for breakfast and one half for lunch. After that, I could eat anything I wa

I carried them in my backpack and they were my sole source of fuel in my backpack. I secured them in a bear barrel so as not to tempt the beasts.

As long as I was hiking the North Cascades and Ross Lake, these were the best. I stopped wasting money on the seductive but nutritionally deficient protein bars.

If you're looking for accompaniments to regular daily ratings, do invest in these. The payoff is amazing. You can find them with Google,and you're not simply obliged to patronize Amazon. Give your local sports and climbing stores a chance. It will pay off, believe me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-190731-905.png
    Screenshot_20220216-190731-905.png
    692.6 KB · Views: 50
14 years ago, I bought these by the case at Fred Meyer.

Instead of getting the small ones, I got a case at a time of the big ones. I cut them in half and ate one half for breakfast and one half for lunch. After that, I could eat anything I wa

I carried them in my backpack and they were my sole source of fuel in my backpack. I secured them in a bear barrel so as not to tempt the beasts.

As long as I was hiking the North Cascades and Ross Lake, these were the best. I stopped wasting money on the seductive but nutritionally deficient protein bars.

If you're looking for accompaniments to regular daily ratings, do invest in these. The payoff is amazing. You can find them with Google,and you're not simply obliged to patronize Amazon. Give your local sports and climbing stores a chance. It will pay off, believe me.
These are my FAVORITE bars. They taste the best and aren't so dense .

Back