• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 months post op gastric bypass

KAT in PA

Good morning, All!

Today, I am 6 months post op from my gastric bypass on 5-18-22. I'm down 63 pounds through this process. I know some have lost more and some less in this timeframe, but I feel good and I continue in the right direction. I had my 6 months post op bloodwork this week for a bariatric team appointment at the end of the month. I'm thinking they will have targeted my weightloss closer to 70 pounds, but I'm doing great on the bloodwork. Only ONE flag in all the bloodwork for a liver number. For the first time in 5-6 years I am no longer pre-diabetic, my lipid panel really looks great, too. My cholesterol numbers are not just barely under the high but a really good mid-range healthy number in all categories. I'm thrilled! I'm no longer anemic and all my vitamin markers are normal. That's all my own interpretation of what I've read, but with only one flag, I'd say I'm healthier than I've been in years! I am staying active and working out 4-5 days per week. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving! Remember to enjoy the relationships with the people who gather, the gratitude EVERY day of the year, and don't focus so much on the food. Let's enjoy some tastes of things without overindulging. It's okay to pass on things, take small portions, and bring a healthier dish to share if you are going to someone else's home. We've got this!

That’s great! Keep up the good work. Happy for you! I just had my gastric bypass surgery on Tuesday so looking forward to this journey day by day

Back