• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 weeks PO nausea

Anne23

Hi all!
So I’m 6, almost 7 weeks post op (how time flies!) and have had a very positive and smooth recovery. No issues really. Except this week I am feeling nauseous just thinking about food. And sometimes mid meal I need to take a break because my stomach starts to turn. Anyone else suddenly have this issue? I’m on my programs stage 4 - so regular food but not bread/pasta/rice yet. I mostly have eggs, chicken, boca patties, some berries, cottage cheese, chicken sausage, and the inevitable protein shake (fairlife). I eat 8 oz / 1 cup food per meal. Looking for suggestions on food ideas that are bland but have protein?

I also still become nauseated mid-meal and have to stop. Nothing helps. I'm used to it after 14 years. I still manage to maintain high numbers nutritionally.

As to suggestions, if you cook or bake, there's a recipes forum here. I always have PB8 and some protein powder on hand. Oh, search for "Magic Milk." That was the best tool my nutrtionist gave me and biggest contribution to my rapid weight loss.

Last edited:
1 cup seems like quite a lot at 6 weeks post op, but we all have some variation there. Turkey and salmon have great protein to volume ratio. If you can find high protein Tofu, that can be a good source. You can combine various protein sources, such as turkey and quinoa. there are some high protein greek yogurts out that that have 15-25g of protein (Okios, Chobani, Ratio are options). You can also add unflavored protein to about anything for a boost.

You may need to do a process of elimination to find out what sources may sit better or appeal to you more than others.

1 cup seems like quite a lot at 6 weeks post op, but we all have some variation there. Turkey and salmon have great protein to volume ratio. If you can find high protein Tofu, that can be a good source. You can combine various protein sources, such as turkey and quinoa. there are some high protein greek yogurts out that that have 15-25g of protein (Okios, Chobani, Ratio are options). You can also add unflavored protein to about anything for a boost.

You may need to do a process of elimination to find out what sources may sit better or appeal to you more than others.

oops, I definitely meant 4oz / half cup MAX per meal! Not 8! Yes I need to re-evaluate some of my menu items. Also searching through past posts it seems nausea is normal so I’m going to just keep note of it. I have a dietician app coming up and will address it there too. Thanks for the feedback!

Back