• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 years out and dont know how to get back on track

JENK

I feel so stuck. I am 6 years out and have gained back everything except 20 pounds. I went from 270 to 145 back to 250 in 6 years. In that 6 years I moved 1000 miles across the country by myself, got married, bouhgt a house and had a baby 4 months ago. To say life has been busy would be an understatement. I know why I gained it all back. I let all the bad habits back in and have basically just ignored the fact that ive been slowly regaining all this weight. I'm just not sure where to turn to get some support and guidance of how to get back on track but I look in my sons face and I know i want to live a long life for him and be able to get out and enjoy life with him. I would love to hear from anyone who has been though this and some of the things that helped you get back on track.

First off, congrats on the baby! I'm sure he is super adorable! Second, take a deep breath, because at 145 or 250 you are still beautiful! I have friends that have done the same thing, same boat. So let me say congrats on reaching out and asking for support, it's a huge step forward and your no longer ignoring anything, which is a huge milestone! Now, you just have to get back to basics and restart your journey. It's not going to be fun, or taste great but it is going to be worth it, both for you and family! Go back to your post op diet leaning on the protein shakes and throw in one healthy meal a day. Offset the potential hunger pangs by adding more water and protein snacks throughout the day if needed. Working with your schedule get moving again. If that is an actual work out or just taking that baby for a stroll, whatever gets you going! Be aware it is going to take longer than the first time around, so invest in the long haul, the results are worth it. You can do this! Remember, take things one day at a time. If you didn't get anything done, don't dwell on it. That day is gone, you get a new chance everyday to restart and regain what you once had and can achieve again. You've got this! :) Know that everyone here is super helpful and supportive. I've never seen anything like it, it's like a big family of people who just want to help and encourage, it's amazing! Check back often as needed and best of luck on your restart!

First off, congrats on the baby! I'm sure he is super adorable! Second, take a deep breath, because at 145 or 250 you are still beautiful! I have friends that have done the same thing, same boat. So let me say congrats on reaching out and asking for support, it's a huge step forward and your no longer ignoring anything, which is a huge milestone! Now, you just have to get back to basics and restart your journey. It's not going to be fun, or taste great but it is going to be worth it, both for you and family! Go back to your post op diet leaning on the protein shakes and throw in one healthy meal a day. Offset the potential hunger pangs by adding more water and protein snacks throughout the day if needed. Working with your schedule get moving again. If that is an actual work out or just taking that baby for a stroll, whatever gets you going! Be aware it is going to take longer than the first time around, so invest in the long haul, the results are worth it. You can do this! Remember, take things one day at a time. If you didn't get anything done, don't dwell on it. That day is gone, you get a new chance everyday to restart and regain what you once had and can achieve again. You've got this! :) Know that everyone here is super helpful and supportive. I've never seen anything like it, it's like a big family of people who just want to help and encourage, it's amazing! Check back often as needed and best of luck on your restart!
I'm 4 yrs in & gained 10 lbs. I'm angry with myself and I moved from NYC and I've looked everywhere for the post op diet and can't located. How do I get my hands on a copy?

I'm 4 yrs in & gained 10 lbs. I'm angry with myself and I moved from NYC and I've looked everywhere for the post op diet and can't located. How do I get my hands on a copy?

I would think you could call your surgeon and have them email you a copy of the post op diet? Or, if you just want to concentrate on better foods in general, there are several websites you could grab 'WLS Sleeve Recipes' to follow and make to help you get back on track as well. I hope your able to find what your looking for. :)

Back