• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

65lbs off!! Wooohooo!!

Ange6012

Hi All! I am currently 65lbs lighter than before my bypass. It is coming off slower now and I get the 2lbs off 2lbs up happening here and there but 65 lbs off and clothes getting looser and looser is ok with me :)

My knee is healing and is still a downer for me because I still think I should be further along in that than I am but 2 months post op there I guess I should give myself a break. My hair is looking a little better and not falling out as much. I've started taking prenatal vitamins which lessens the amount of actual pills I have to take.but I think I'm going back to take ingredients a calcium as well.

To be down 65 pounds and 2 months post op sounds like a huge amount of weight loss. I am sorry to hear you have an issue with your knee. I hope that resolves itself soon. I am 18 days post op and down 32 pounds but struggling to meet my protein requirements and having constipation problems.

To be down 65 pounds and 2 months post op sounds like a huge amount of weight loss. I am sorry to hear you have an issue with your knee. I hope that resolves itself soon. I am 18 days post op and down 32 pounds but struggling to meet my protein requirements and having constipation problems.
Please let me clarify. I am 8 months post op from my bypass. I am 2 months post op from total knee replacement

Give yourself time. After my bypass which was a revision from lapband. I could not get my numbers in. Protein etc. I had no idea how they expected me to be able to get water and food in at the same time. I was bored with the "stupid food" I didn't want to eat and my beloved protein shakes made me gag.
Pick your head up. You did a good thing for yourself and in time you will heal and feel better.
Good luck!

Thank you, everyone is an inspiration on their own journey.
We all struggle with different things and sometimes the same things. Some days seem to be down days (I'm having one of those today. I'm up 4 pounds. I know why lol and need to pull it together. But it's frustrating. I am now back to stress eating and need to figure that out. I have my mother and mother in law here this week. Physical therapy. Hubby home, my son and his dog. My friend's son I watch until late. Along with that having trouble sleeping and not getting enough of that.
I'm not feeling it today.

Thank you, everyone is an inspiration on their own journey.
We all struggle with different things and sometimes the same things. Some days seem to be down days (I'm having one of those today. I'm up 4 pounds. I know why lol and need to pull it together. But it's frustrating. I am now back to stress eating and need to figure that out. I have my mother and mother in law here this week. Physical therapy. Hubby home, my son and his dog. My friend's son I watch until late. Along with that having trouble sleeping and not getting enough of that.
I'm not feeling it today.

It comes and it goes lol the important part is that you pay attention and know when to rein it in. It's more about the long game than a a short period of down days. I'm sure you'll be back to normal soon!

Give yourself time. After my bypass which was a revision from lapband. I could not get my numbers in. Protein etc. I had no idea how they expected me to be able to get water and food in at the same time. I was bored with the "stupid food" I didn't want to eat and my beloved protein shakes made me gag.
Pick your head up. You did a good thing for yourself and in time you will heal and feel better.
Good luck!
I had trouble with protein and fluid intake at first too. When i spoke to the nutritionist and surgeon during followups that first month they explained that when you transition to the next stages… fluids, pureed, folk tender etc, that you won’t start on target the first day, but hopefully you’ll get to the targets just in time to move on to the next stage.
i’m now 10 weeks post sleeve surgery and down 60 lbs… best decision i’ve made for myself in quite some time.

I had trouble with protein and fluid intake at first too. When i spoke to the nutritionist and surgeon during followups that first month they explained that when you transition to the next stages… fluids, pureed, folk tender etc, that you won’t start on target the first day, but hopefully you’ll get to the targets just in time to move on to the next stage.
i’m now 10 weeks post sleeve surgery and down 60 lbs… best decision i’ve made for myself in quite some time.
Woooohoooo!! Great job!!!

Looks like you're doing great! I haven't logged on for awhile and was checking up on you! We continue to be in a similar situation. I'm down 65 pounds as well after my revision from lap band to bypass May 2022, and it's remained pretty stable without any additional loss for several months, other than up and down a pound here and there. I feel good though, my numbers are good and it's now the long game of continuing to watch what I'm eating and remaining active. My head forgets sometimes how far I've come when I look in the mirror because I've gotten used to how I look now and I'm not shocked looking in the mirror! So sometimes I need to pull out old photos pre-op and remind myself how far I've come! I hope your recovery from your knee surgery continues to improve and you feel better!

Looks like you're doing great! I haven't logged on for awhile and was checking up on you! We continue to be in a similar situation. I'm down 65 pounds as well after my revision from lap band to bypass May 2022, and it's remained pretty stable without any additional loss for several months, other than up and down a pound here and there. I feel good though, my numbers are good and it's now the long game of continuing to watch what I'm eating and remaining active. My head forgets sometimes how far I've come when I look in the mirror because I've gotten used to how I look now and I'm not shocked looking in the mirror! So sometimes I need to pull out old photos pre-op and remind myself how far I've come! I hope your recovery from your knee surgery continues to improve and you feel better!
Hi Kat Thanks so much! Congrats on your hard work.

Back