• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

7 mo out and hungry

Anne23

Hi all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Looking for some feedback - I am 7 months out and for the last week have been really hungry. Usually I’m not. Eating to satiate my hunger would mean eating more volume than I am comfortable with so I have been trying to just drink more liquids and make my meals pack a punch with some extra fat (like avocado) and some whole grains (like a bit of oatmeal or pb toast) along with my protein. Not really working - still hungry - and what was a stall has now turned into a 1.5 gain. I know that’s not much but I want to nip this before I snowball. Has anyone had moments of what feel like “break through” hunger and how did you handle it? I have been a slow looser and that’s ok with me I’m just not loving this hunger feeling. Makes me nervous!

I’ve got time when I am SO hungry! And for days, then I won’t have an appetite. I just try and keep within what’s healthy, make sure my water and protein intakes are good, and remind myself that my body’s in need of something. It is weird feeling though to be so hungry after not being for so long.

I’ve got time when I am SO hungry! And for days, then I won’t have an appetite. I just try and keep within what’s healthy, make sure my water and protein intakes are good, and remind myself that my body’s in need of something. It is weird feeling though to be so hungry after not being for so long.

Yes it’s just SO weird! I had a thought a few minutes after I posted this, I have been out of my Pepcid and I wonder if what I’m actually feeling in part, is active stomach acid. So I just put Pepcid on my grocery list for tomorrow and I’ll see if that helps but in general I will prob need to just ride it out like you say. Good to know I’m not alone in this! :)

Back