• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

8 days post op

I had my sur on 11/2016 and have lost 73 since I started in Oct.I have never had any hunger pains but I am careful not to overeat.I can eat just about anything in small portions and food tastes great.
Don't give up.

Oh I am so happy to hear that! I am only 5 days out. I had the sleeve. I am seeing people posting that they are ratting some solids after just a few days. Not me! I couldn't even imagine doing that. I am struggling to just get in all my fluids at this point. Not only that but this is a surgery I wanted VERY badly and had to jump through hoops to get. I am so glad to here your encouraging story. I was worried that I may have problems eating in the months to come. It's nice hearing you can.

I am 3 weeks post op and I am starting to have this issue. I am trying different things to combat it. Drinking water, hot tea, or protein shake to curb the hunger. Making sure if I do eat, it is protein.

I think with weight loss surgery, some things are trail and error. Don't be discouraged, there is always the next meal or day to start over and do right.

Back