• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A Little Bit Rocky

Status
Not open for further replies.

deena212

3 week post off and it has been going well, except for a lot of pain around the tube to my remnant stomach. Found out at my visit Mon. that my body mounted a full on immune defense (fancy words for allergy) to the temp stitches, tube and everything around that area. Tube was removed on Mon. and looking forward to healing within in next 2 weeks.

Other than this issue, including allergies to polyester, band aids, tape, etc. It has been smoooooooooth. A couple of dumping situations, but those were sincerely my fault. on Soft diet now

Thru it all, I am so glad I did this. At my age, I was very lucky that they agreed to this surgery. Looking forward to the other great benefits.

Sounds like you doing great other than the allergies.... I am allergic to the glue on band aids and surgical tapes as well... For a while I looked like I had some sort of rectangle pox from the skin glue.
I don't know about you, my body does not believe in, understand or grasp the concept about what absorbable stitches are all about. My belly spit several of them out which my surgeon just lifted and snipped. No pain or discomfort. No allergies, my body just does not dissolve them..

I bet your enjoying the soft diet. I know I was happy to get there myself.....

I am so glad to hear your doing well... Happy New Year.

3 week post off and it has been going well, except for a lot of pain around the tube to my remnant stomach. Found out at my visit Mon. that my body mounted a full on immune defense (fancy words for allergy) to the temp stitches, tube and everything around that area. Tube was removed on Mon. and looking forward to healing within in next 2 weeks.

Other than this issue, including allergies to polyester, band aids, tape, etc. It has been smoooooooooth. A couple of dumping situations, but those were sincerely my fault. on Soft diet now

Thru it all, I am so glad I did this. At my age, I was very lucky that they agreed to this surgery. Looking forward to the other great benefits.

Wow.

Hope you are doing better.

I will be 70 on 1/7/1944. I am hoping this success gives me a better shot at 80 years or more.

I still want to enjoy life a bit more.

My wife is allergic to one of the tapes they use, but you sound like you even had a worse reaction.

Get well soon.

Avoid those foods that are "dangerous" and can cause dumping. Sometimes it is a surprise. I have had one dumping most recently. I was able to tolerate bread. I do fine with chicken. I did fine with mayo in my tuna salad. However, when I went to have a 1/2 sandwich of grilled chicken cutlet with some mayo on it, it all came up. My nurse practitioner told me sometimes a combination of foods can cause the dumping even though I have tolerated the foods separately.

Ralph

Hi Deena, If I may ask, how old are you? I am 64 yrs. There are quite a few people over 60 on this forum. Glad you are doing so well!!! :)

Wow Cheyenne you are doing great too!

Hi Deena, If I may ask, how old are you? I am 64 yrs. There are quite a few people over 60 on this forum. Glad you are doing so well!!! :)

Hey Cheyenne,

BTW you are doing terrific! I just looked more closely at your stats.

If I am not careful you are going to get to 200 before me! The race is on!

:)

Only kidding. Whatever works for each of us is what is best for us.

Clearly, you are following the program. You have had such great success.

Keep it going.

Ralph

Hey Cheyenne,

BTW you are doing terrific! I just looked more closely at your stats.

If I am not careful you are going to get to 200 before me! The race is on!

:)

Only kidding. Whatever works for each of us is what is best for us.

Clearly, you are following the program. You have had such great success.

Keep it going.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph :) I was so happy when I got under 300lb. Now I'm inching my way down. When I get under 200 I think I will faint. Lol..

I have bone on bone knees, so my exercise is really limited. I went grocery shopping yesterday for an hour of walking and my left knee is so sore today. When I lose 50 more pounds I'll see about getting knee replacement surgery. Then I'll really be able to get into building stamina so I won't tire so quickly.

I've tried really hard to follow my doctor's directions and stay with the program. I'm determined to lose the weight and become a normal healthy person. If I live to be 84 like my mom did then I could have another 20 years left to enjoy being healthy. Heck maybe even longer as my aunt lived to be 99 yrs. Lol..

Ralph, you are doing amazing, you lost over 50 lb since November, WOW, thats fantastic!!!

Happy New Year and much success and happiness to all of us!!!

Cheyenne :)

For sure! My plan is to live another 35 years, especially after this surgery.

I like your plan!

Can I join it?

Lets see 70 plus 35 equals 105; hmmmmm

All I know is I have a better shot of making the 80s and maybe the 90s now that I am taking all this weight off. It is solving a lot of medical issues that I have been carrying around for way too long.

Ralph

Wow.

Hope you are doing better.

I will be 70 on 1/7/1944. I am hoping this success gives me a better shot at 80 years or more.

I still want to enjoy life a bit more.

My wife is allergic to one of the tapes they use, but you sound like you even had a worse reaction.

Get well soon.

Avoid those foods that are "dangerous" and can cause dumping. Sometimes it is a surprise. I have had one dumping most recently. I was able to tolerate bread. I do fine with chicken. I did fine with mayo in my tuna salad. However, when I went to have a 1/2 sandwich of grilled chicken cutlet with some mayo on it, it all came up. My nurse practitioner told me sometimes a combination of foods can cause the dumping even though I have tolerated the foods separately.

Ralph

HAPPY BIRRRTHDAY TO YOUOOOO. HAP-py BIRRRTHDAY to youoooo. And Many Mooore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back