• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A little concerned maybe someone can help me.

I have lost a lot of weight almost no kidding 75 pounds. My surgery was Oct 22 2012. I noticed I have been having a little reflux or what I assume to be reflux. It is a burning in the center of my chest. I am on adderal and 20 ml and effexor 150. I have not had any trouble with this untill the last dfay or so. I do not cheat or eat more then I should. I just find this odd that reflux would return. Since it left 5 days after surgery. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what do you use? I was on Nexxium 40 mg prior. just curious as to mhow to handle it. Thanks everyone you are a wonderful group.
Angie

I use to get a rumbling stomach at all times and heartburn. I use GasX on a daily basis and it keeps it from showing up. Can't lose anything by trying it. Good luck and happy new year

Challenges

Happy New Year all. We all have challenges and I found that my biggest challenge after my bilio pancreatic surgery 4 years ago, and 140 pounds lighter, was depression. I felt that my body looked like it aged even though I looked great in clothing, I looked terrible undressed. I wanted to go for surgery but the family said one surgery was enough and because I am not a youngster I didn't need cosmetic surgery.
Well I have been depressed about it for years now. Well recently I found a book on Amazon.com that deals with my challenge. It is called Fine to Fab by Lisa Lieberman Wang, which started to make me feel better about myself. It is a book that helps women that are sabotaging themselves or depressed for one reason or another. It helped me to look at myself in the mirror and see another person. It is helping me, maybe it will help you too. Good luck.

Joan Dale hi I want to check into getting the book you mentioned. I too deal with the "image thing too" I am 56 and I remember when I went to my first support group meeting. A little pettie lady whom had the surgery and went from super large down to size 4 I think it was. but she said if you want to look good naked then you don't want this surgery. I laughed then, but now I see what she means. When you take a shower and have to be faced with droopy skin and the extra pounds that haven't left yet. YIKES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but it's then that I have to remind myself , "do you remember how you looked before the weight loss surgery? well be happy that at least now you look somewhat better and yes feel more comfortable in clothes than without. thank goodnesss no one see's me but God and the mirror in the bathroom, lolI think alot of us in this room deal with depression too for one or more reasons, but at least we are reaching out to others and aren't afraid to share and ask for help. reading others reply's and blogs is comforting to know there are others out there facing similar issues just like us.
Happy New Year to you 2013 is gonna be a good year
Donna

Joan, Thanks for the book recommendation. I think reading helps me more with this overall process and to think in new ways.
I'm all for accepting body image, but a little plastic surgery never hurt either, if you can afford it. I'm concerned about getting a turkey-waddle neck and extra skin over my eyelids. If that happens I will have plastic surgery in a heart beat. Probably not for excess skin that is covered by clothes, and I never plan to get in a bikini, so all that doesn't bother me so much.
Good luck to you.

Thanks I have been using it, I think that could be the problem as I have not been taking as much as I was, sure will try it thank you

I checked out OSU hospital and actually talked to the doctor, there are three. It is performed by trained interns and the doctor is present at all times. I am saving my money cause I am having a few problems yeast infections etc. So, when I get to my goal, I made a choice to go get some work done. But its also good to accept your self. I just feel I deserve something that I want and no more infections. I still am trying to figure out who that person is looking back at me in the mirror, strange I do not remember how my face was shaped. A lot to get use to. Maybe my support group on tuesday will help me with this topic. Its so costly to go to get plastic surgery, but I found away I can afford. Even if it means cutting back & saving. Several peeople I know have used this and are very happy with the results. But, right now I accept that I am still me. Maybe happier and healthier but I have lived so long a sheltered life, I want it all. I am glad you found the book & hope it helps. But if its a dream you should persue it, its your body. Best of luck. Angie

Back